Woke getting well out of order now

Windy8174

It is outrageous that this bollocks is all over the place but it has to be a wind up

I came across something being taught in some US schools and I just laughed a Africa American professor has written about the 8 types of whiteness

it is the most absurd thing I have ever read and is by full definition racist

I have been watching a few commentators views on it from all sides and it can only be comedy

there seems to be two types of people now across all demographics

The sane people with logic

the WOKE who have no logic and no basis to reality

I have to believe that WOKE will implode on itself because the sane people have to be the majority who can see this for what it is

in the meantime any organisation that goes WOKE I will not buy their products

I have cancelled my Disney subscription and it is gone to the dustbin with PG Tips, Sly Sports, EU products, Chinese products and many more (when there is an alternative)

you go WOKE you won’t get my money stop giving this bollocks life and let’s have a discussion like adults and at least let’s try and find some common ground

bramcoteboy62

Are you Woke, Bram?

You seem to defend their fascist, fucked-up thinking at every opportunity.
I don’t think I am. I just don’t see it as a threat, cancel culture will die out like every other trend.

There are much bigger things to be worried about in my mind, such as the absolute ease with which all our civil liberties have been taken away with very little reason

I know there are some very sensitive souls on here and some manic lefties who want us to stay in lockdown, so full disclaimer - I genuinely am not trying to upset them with my anti lockdown/don’t care about woke stance

whiskylion

I don’t think I am. I just don’t see it as a threat, cancel culture will die out like every other trend.

There are much bigger things to be worried about in my mind, such as the absolute ease with which all our civil liberties have been taken away with very little reason

I know there are some very sensitive souls on here and some manic lefties who want us to stay in lockdown, so full disclaimer - I genuinely am not trying to upset them with my anti lockdown/don’t care about woke stance
And you don't see cancel culture as a serious threat to civil liberties? To the most basic right of free speech and thought?

Interesting.

bramcoteboy62

And you don't see cancel culture as a serious threat to civil liberties? To the most basic right of free speech and thought?

Interesting.
Oh I do, let me be clearer, but not to the extent of what we are seeing now with lockdowns.

I see Covid as a 1% threat to my life and jumping off a plane without a parachute as a 99% threat. I’m am going to continue living my life not being worried of Covid, because it won’t kill me, and will certainly not be jumping out of any planes!! I see cancel culture as the same thing, another minor trend that will phase out

whiskylion

Oh I do, let me be clearer, but not to the extent of what we are seeing now with lockdowns.

I see Covid as a 1% threat to my life and jumping off a plane without a parachute as a 99% threat. I’m am going to continue living my life not being worried of Covid, because it won’t kill me, and will certainly not be jumping out of any planes!! I see cancel culture as the same thing, another minor trend that will phase out
You are hideously mistaken and misinformed with your latter assumption.

We live in dangerous and deeply unpleasant times.

Axholme Lion

“If you want to keep a secret, you must also hide it from yourself.”​

“He who controls the past controls the future. He who controls the present controls the past.”​

“If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face—forever.”​

George Orwell.

Overseaswall

Trouble is it's all one way, they was advertising some sort of comedy programme last night and it had a black bloke with a ginger wig trying g to talk Scottish, so that's ok but if a white bloke paints his face black and talks like Jim Davidson "chalky" its mayhem! And why are mi ed race people "black" is that not racist to the other half of there ethnicity

bramcoteboy62

You are hideously mistaken and misinformed with your latter assumption.

We live in dangerous and deeply unpleasant times.
Agree with your last statement entirely. Healthy and young people refusing to leave the house because of a virus that will do nothing to them.

for the sake of both of us (and more importantly our offspring) let’s hope both repugnant illnesses disappear!!!

Axholme Lion

Trouble is it's all one way, they was advertising some sort of comedy programme last night and it had a black bloke with a ginger wig trying g to talk Scottish, so that's ok but if a white bloke paints his face black and talks like Jim Davidson "chalky" its mayhem! And why are mi ed race people "black" is that not racist to the other half of there ethnicity
Does comedy still exist? I can't imagine anything this lot would find funny apart from sneering at Brexiters.

33lion

Half of the mixed marriages are white, if that helps ease your mind? I wouldn’t get so worried about it tbh.

It’s not really the point though tbf. It’s strange to watch. Virtually every advert is like the United Nations now.

What is on the television no longer represents or connects with the majority of people in this country. Is every family in this country mixed? Is there a complete mix of ethnicities in every scenario as depicted in adverts and programmes? In inner cities maybe a lot more so, but what about the rest of the country.

It’s quite clearly a forced move by companies to be on the ‘right side’ and in the good books of those who wield so much power in today’s society - the cancel culture fanatic left wing nutters.

Any ordinary man can see through it. These companies don’t really care about ethnic minorities but do this to tick a box. This is all it’s becoming, and amongst it all we avoid any serious conversation about real issues that are smoothed over because oh look, there’s more of them on the telly now. What is it they are trying to ‘normalise’? That our future generations will all be mixed race? Strange turnout.

Peckham Lion

I agree, Covid aside we've been filmed at football, on the transport networks, streets, everywhere. Our electronic communications are recorded and stored, a cashless society is slowly being forced on us. All done under ours and other governments that ain't exactly left wing. Football banning orders dished out for bods using unsavoury words, bods losing jobs for having certain political beliefs, again where's our government when these liberties are being eroded? Why aren't they fucking these upstarts off and telling them to get a life? We keep being told that we live in a democratic country, at the same time we're being taken for cunts! I'd be much more concerned at that than some fucking angry student/ oddball.

bramcoteboy62

I agree, Covid aside we've been filmed at football, on the transport networks, streets, everywhere. Our electronic communications are recorded and stored, a cashless society is slowly being forced on us. All done under ours and other governments that ain't exactly left wing. Football banning orders dished out for bods using unsavoury words, bods losing jobs for having certain political beliefs, again where's our government when these liberties are being eroded? Why aren't they fucking these upstarts off and telling them to get a life? We keep being told that we live in a democratic country, at the same time we're being taken for cunts! I'd be much more concerned at that than some fucking angry student/ oddball.
Good point, didn’t even think of the immense tracking we are all subject to these days

Terry_Hurlock

It is outrageous that this bollocks is all over the place but it has to be a wind up

I came across something being taught in some US schools and I just laughed a Africa American professor has written about the 8 types of whiteness

it is the most absurd thing I have ever read and is by full definition racist

I have been watching a few commentators views on it from all sides and it can only be comedy

there seems to be two types of people now across all demographics

The sane people with logic

the WOKE who have no logic and no basis to reality

I have to believe that WOKE will implode on itself because the sane people have to be the majority who can see this for what it is

in the meantime any organisation that goes WOKE I will not buy their products

I have cancelled my Disney subscription and it is gone to the dustbin with PG Tips, Sly Sports, EU products, Chinese products and many more (when there is an alternative)

you go WOKE you won’t get my money stop giving this bollocks life and let’s have a discussion like adults and at least let’s try and find some common ground

That 8 types of whiteness, was some nutter, teaching our kids in Essex mate - not the US!!!!!!

Windy8174

That 8 types of whiteness, was some nutter, teaching our kids in Essex mate - not the US!!!!!!
my god

that is outrageous how is it allowed? why is no one doing anything about it?

If any child in my family and extended family comes to me and tell me they are being taught that garbage, I will press charges for hate crime and pursue it in the court

What are our regulators doing about it????

are they complicit on pushing racist propaganda. When racial rhetoric that the best type of race X is race X abolishing that race that is racist hate crime language

what the hell is going on????? I don’t care what race is race X that rhetoric is not acceptable unchecked that is how Fascist states are born

if our Government and our governance structures do not stamp this out then next election I am voting for a party that is going to stop this

right left liberal I won’t care the politics but someone needs to take a stand against this vicious racist fascist position we find ourselves in

even if you think this is trivial replace the word White in the 8 types of whiteness with any other colour and there would be uproar and quite rightly so

this is not acceptable

HappyLion

It is clear and has been for years now that racism is a one way street in the eyes of media, academic institutions,'Luvvie land' and polititions who think it will grab a vote or two. Add to this a group of people who are too afraid to be seen as going against the very vocal minority, that the actually believe are the majority. But as we have seen the majority are generally silent and do their talking through the ballot box and my god dont they have a meltdown when that happens. Quickly followed by resorting to being very un-liberal to people who have expressed an opinion that does not gel with their own.

Gaeilge Millwall

I’ve just read that Ronnie Corbett is to play a young, 23-25 year old Michael Jordan the basketball player
Lennie Henry is to play Margaret Thatcher
Louie Spence to play Adolf Hitler

What’s wrong with that ?? 😂😂😂