Why Lions Fans are Feeling So Hacked Off....

The Humble One

Total boring shit football, been watching wall and remembering the games since 71 first game in 67 in the past we have had some shit sides but at least the had a go , as some have said if crowds were allowed in they would not get away with it and GR would be on his bike by now. His past record shows he has always played a defensive system, it's not the Millwall way. i remember people shouting to Dumphy a great player if he held the ball to long and to get it forward, But on a brighter side you never know whats around the corner, if it was not a fact who would thought the Village Idiot whould have taken two teams up to the top flight, Strange Game?
Yes I had more arguments over Eamon Dunphy than enough.

Supporting Millwall

If the Ginger Dwarf is the midget Platini/Pirlo......push him up front and tell him if he comes back past the half way line he will get a kick in the bollocks.
I think it has to be Bodvarsson and Bennett up front. Ginger Dwarf sitting in behind them
Then go Molly, Romeo, Jed, Danny Mc.
Then Hutch Pearce Evans

BrianLion

Quoting Whisky, We're not going up, we're not going down, should surely inspire the squad to have a fucking go. I get playing safe if we're at either ends of the table, but fuck me, at this stage of the season, and with no crowds, play to attack, set up to attack, substitute to attack, and play the fucking ball forward.
This playing defensively is mind numbing for us all.
I am sure the players would also enjoy it more if we actually had a go?

brockleyshuts

I think he is shuffling a fairly average pack. Staying up is first priority for us, and once we are safe, I am expecting (hoping) , to see next seasons team emerge. Rowett is already building as we can see, but ultimately we need goals, much of our negative play is because we know leaking one goal has meant we will get no better than a draw at present

whiskylion

I think he is shuffling a fairly average pack. Staying up is first priority for us, and once we are safe, I am expecting (hoping) , to see next seasons team emerge. Rowett is already building as we can see, but ultimately we need goals, much of our negative play is because we know leaking one goal has meant we will get no better than a draw at present
Against Wycombe....? The team with the worst defence in the Championship....? Sends out a very negative message to all our attacking players if what you say is true....

Tonight we play a team second to bottom of the form tables. They have scored two goals in their last six games.

Five man defence to thwart their fearsome attack, I wonder....?

DA16WALL

By rights, where we are in the table would normally mean we are all pretty upbeat and happy with life. Unbeaten in eight would have us bubbling. And counting down the minutes to the next game.

But we aren't, are we. Quite the opposite, in fact. There is little enthusiasm about gifting iFollow with another tenner - and, from what I can gather on here, fewer and fewer are. So why is this?

I think something the manager has entirely lost sight of, is the fact that while he and all the players are getting paid as per normal (and very handsomely so), there is a significant swathe of Millwall support that is enduring financial hardship, plus the misery of being unable to see loved ones, or fearing for their jobs - if they have not lost them already.

All they ask for is that their football team makes some kind of attempt to entertain them for 90 minutes - and give us all a much-needed lift and buzz, to add some colour to the Covid-routine grey of our lives.

Saturday really was the pits. Not one single person enjoyed one single moment of that dire game and felt no pride whatsoever in the cowardly way we tackled a team that is Div 1 standard.

As you know, I have Millwall programmes going right back to 1891/92 season. And for every single season the programme notes, which began in 1910, were all about the players trying to entertain their supporters. And apologies if they failed to do so.

The mindset we have endured since Harris took charge has been one of excessive conservatism and fear. Yes, pragmatism has to come into play when you are struggling near the foot of the table desperate for points. But that is not the case here. We are not going up, we are not going down.

The manager has made some great signings, especially in Evans (who provided the only shafts of light in the dullest 90 minutes you'll ever have the misfortune to see) and Dutch and the bringing back Malone: a masterstroke. We are on the right track and Rowett is to applauded for attracting these players to The Den. But the games against Watford and Wycombe were both as genuinely negative as anything I have seen from Millwall in over 50 years. Not to mention excruciatingly, brain-crushingly, soul-destroyingly dull. Indeed, Saturday was as bad as Harris' shocking, jelly-spined no show at doomed, basket-case Bolton a couple of years back.

Even during the First and Second World Wars Millwall sent out teams purely to entertain their supporters in times of struggle.

So why can't we just be entertained?

Talk about out of sight and out of mind....
Well said whiskey. You're spot on mate, there truly is no joy or excitement in watching us play at the moment. We're so boring to watch it's unbelievable. No entertainment whatsoever.

lottwall

I’ve just finished work for the day and watching us play tonight is as appealing as going back to work. I’ll watch us , but expect no enjoyment from it.