Whats the point of a London Mayor

lionheart48

Looking at Khan on Friday afternoon got me thinking what is the point of London Mayors, we have yet to get a decent one regardless of politics.

It all started with the success of New Yorks ex Mayor Rudy Giulian's clean up and the intention we could replicate it but just look at what we have selected over the years and and the state of London today, to think that I have traipsed all the way to a run down school used as a polling booth each time when if I had walked in the other direction it could have led to a nice walk in the park, Ok, I would have had to keep my wits about me once there.

When you write the three incumbents name down it makes awful reading Red Ken, Bonkers Boris of the bikes, and now Sadiq son of a bus driver who was more suited to follow in his fathers footsteps rather than be Mayor of a once great city.

Froada

The Mayors job is to talk very quickly , mispronounce words ie amazin. Never say a bad word about Muslim terrorists , insist we all want diversity. And the most important thing , to moan relentlessly about the President of the USA.
And to look like Mr Bean and keep reminding everyone, he's the son of a bus driver. I wish he'd gone into his fathers profession.

Bigherb77777

Looking at Khan on Friday afternoon got me thinking what is the point of London Mayors, we have yet to get a decent one regardless of politics.

It all started with the success of New Yorks ex Mayor Rudy Giulian's clean up and the intention we could replicate it but just look at what we have selected over the years and and the state of London today, to think that I have traipsed all the way to a run down school used as a polling booth each time when if I had walked in the other direction it could have led to a nice walk in the park, Ok, I would have had to keep my wits about me once there.

When you write the three incumbents name down it makes awful reading Red Ken, Bonkers Boris of the bikes, and now Sadiq son of a bus driver who was more suited to follow in his fathers footsteps rather than be Mayor of a once great city.
dont you remember how bad it was before we had a London mayor and all these dissolved parliaments - money well spent my arse !!!

your spot on ...

I think the only thing the job of London mayor has done for us is up the respect for Dick Whittingtons cat

onlyagame

I've never understood why we need a Mayor. We have a Lord Mayor who does a better job than Khan. Quietly gets on with the job promoting London. No politics either.
Well that was Thatchers fault of course.
She hated the GLA because it was usually controlled by the left, including Red Ken, so abolished it. Replaced it with something else including a London Mayor and guess what? Red Ken slipped in again.
If you analyse a lot of what Thatcher did or tried to do (even giving her the benefit of meaning well) most of it has actually backfired

Peckham Lion

Well that was Thatchers fault of course.
She hated the GLA because it was usually controlled by the left, including Red Ken, so abolished it. Replaced it with something else including a London Mayor and guess what? Red Ken slipped in again.
If you analyse a lot of what Thatcher did or tried to do (even giving her the benefit of meaning well) most of it has actually backfired
Apart from putting money in peoples pockets, jobs, no unions holding the country to ransom, no three day weeks, binman strikes, fuel strikes, power cuts. What was the tax rate when Maggie took over from labour?

onlyagame

The three day week was under a Tory government. Not my fault if Ted Heath didn’t have a clue? Maggie sold off all the country’s silver. All the utilities she sold off via shares have ended up in foreign hands & and half the housing stock she sold off, which wasn’t replaced, (& yes I did benefit from it) has ended up being rented back by local authorities at sky high rents to house people who would have been living in them in the first place! That’s some legacy Peckham but if you want to stick your tongue up Maggie’s arse then so be it mate

kevrelles

The three day week was under a Tory government. Not my fault if Ted Heath didn’t have a clue? Maggie sold off all the country’s silver. All the utilities she sold off via shares have ended up in foreign hands & and half the housing stock she sold off, which wasn’t replaced, (& yes I did benefit from it) has ended up being rented back by local authorities at sky high rents to house people who would have been living in them in the first place! That’s some legacy Peckham but if you want to stick your tongue up Maggie’s arse then so be it mate
And last time the Labour nonces left the country skint.and left a note taking the piss.total scum British hating traitor cunts

onlyagame

And last time the Labour nonces left the country skint.and left a note taking the piss.total scum British hating traitor cunts
That’s what they tell you Kev but they didn’t.
The last recession was world wide.
Fanny & Mac, Leeman Brothers?
As for traitors, the lot in the City have sold the country off to the highest bidders. Mostly foreign. If you believe what they feed you then that’s up to you but the lot that you think will look after you would sell their grandmothers for a pound note.