What is an essential job in covid lockdown

Phlion54

Still too many grey areas....leaving it up.to the individual still...... Need firm and direct leadership not wishy washy statements.....rather it be black & white not grey

Moody

I suppose it comes down to...

Is your job essential for helping others or the nation as a whole in this time of crisis?

If is isn’t, can you do it whilst respecting social distancing measures?

For it to be black and white the government would have to make a huge list.

Edward Alistair

Advice for the housing, construction & building maintenance industries:
🔹
If you can work from home, do so.
🔹
If you are working on site, you can continue to do so. But follow Public Health England guidance on social distancing.
🔹
Outside of work, remember to #StayHomeSaveLives

Axholme Lion

I'm still at work repairing cars but we do a lot of the paramedic response cars here. I'm waiting to get pulled over by the OB on the way home. Some of the OB will have woken up like a five year old on Christmas day morning, this is why they joined, to throw their weight around regardless of any valid reason you have to be out. I know people need to stay in but I need to feed my parents, one of whom has cancer and the other with a heart condition.

Tom_Courtenay

I didn’t see it as that moody not yet. Being self employed no one is willing to help us out so it is essential I go to work to pay my bills. Plus being on a roof and not around anyone surely you’d think that was ok??? Well I may get a tug from the old bill but I’m sure if I explained they would see sense
If we're still in lockdown in December make sure Santa stays two metres away from you.

Ulster Lion

I'm still at work repairing cars but we do a lot of the paramedic response cars here. I'm waiting to get pulled over by the OB on the way home. Some of the OB will have woken up like a five year old on Christmas day morning, this is why they joined, to throw their weight around regardless of any valid reason you have to be out. I know people need to stay in but I need to feed my parents, one of whom has cancer and the other with a heart condition.
What you're doing is essential mate. Visiting parents who have been left more vulnerable, and maintaining emergency vehicles. If Plod can't understand that, then they shouldn't be wearing the uniform. I salute you.

Ulster Lion

Talking of Vicars... I wonder if the OKR flyover Brass are getting any business?
I'm not sure why I'm asking you. Ulster's the geezer with inside.

Carry on.
They're now doing home visits. And the current health crisis is benefitting my bank balance, as I only have to give them 80% of their usual rate. I tell them to take it up with Boris if they're not happy.