What is an essential job in covid lockdown

Moody

No I don't think so Moody either. Wish it was clearer.
Told him to fuck it off anyway as he's living with me and my mum and dad who were both on immunosuppressants.
FUCKING nightmare.
That it is.

I think anything essential is linked to key worker jobs as defined the other day. Plus, I guess an electrician or plumber doing emergency private work...

Millwall tel

That it is.

I think anything essential is linked to key worker jobs as defined the other day. Plus, I guess an electrician or plumber doing emergency private work...
I didn’t see it as that moody not yet. Being self employed no one is willing to help us out so it is essential I go to work to pay my bills. Plus being on a roof and not around anyone surely you’d think that was ok??? Well I may get a tug from the old bill but I’m sure if I explained they would see sense

Moody

I didn’t see it as that moody not yet. Being self employed no one is willing to help us out so it is essential I go to work to pay my bills. Plus being on a roof and not around anyone surely you’d think that was ok??? Well I may get a tug from the old bill but I’m sure if I explained they would see sense
I would agree with all of that - can’t see that being a problem, as private work and as you say, pretty isolated.

I do think they’ll say building sites are closed tho, as I remember how busy they could get and you were always within 2 metres of someone!

markmwal953

Just say its your once a day exersise .

Millwall tel

I would agree with all of that - can’t see that being a problem, as private work and as you say, pretty isolated.

I do think they’ll say building sites are closed tho, as I remember how busy they could get and you were always within 2 metres of someone!
Fair enough building sites especially with the poles and Romanians!

Froada

We have been issued with an essential workers pass and a letter should we get stopped. Presumably that's what happens.

Edward Alistair

Can't find any info where you could class building sites as essential.
It would seem that unless you can prove your work is essential that you must respect everyone's health and stay at home.
I don't see how , in a few minutes, he could have made it clear for every individual's own situation but if you weren't an essential worker this morning, it is unlikely that being in the building trade would have changed by tonight.
sadly, that is the world we live in at the moment.

Moody

We have been issued with an essential workers pass and a letter should we get stopped. Presumably that's what happens.
Have you?

I work with vulnerable children and we are attached to a NHS hospital - I’ve not been given anything at all. I just assumed we showed our ID to police if stopped?!

returnofthetankme20

We have been classified as essential courier, lot of medical and pharmacy to home clients howether I have everyone not in operational position moved to home working. We are absolutely smashed at mo not enough hrs in the day we are what I feel lucky