What A Snidey Little Sh*t.

Polegate Lion

I came across this report of the Birmingham game on one of the online news outlets. I know one report is going to be similar to most of the others and some writers like to add their own little off subject (irrelevant) comment to make it different.

It was all going alright until the last sentence of the article hence the title of this thread. I tend to agree with the reply from the reader at the bottom of the piece.

BigPaul

Stunningly lazy, cheap shot at the end.
Ironic when you think that the bloke who got all the publicity at the Euros a few years back was a lifelong BIRMINGHAM fan.

People who live in glass houses Mr. Munro should keep their mouths shut.
That cheap jibe at the end does you no credit whatsoever.

silverlion

That was a cheap shot wasn't it. He obviously thinks that we are all a bunch of hooligans and law breakers. As KJ said many years ago.....mud sticks!

Moody

I have always found it odd how Millwall fans are treated like a race.

People will rightly say that you can’t tar all Muslims or Nigerians or Rottweilers with the same brush.Yet, are happy to do so about a group of people whose major connection is the fact they like cheering on the same 11 men kicking a ball. A connection far, far weaker than any of the above groups share!!

Imagine a journalist writing such a sweeping comment about Muslims, black people or women.

BigPaul

Here is my email to the prick who wrote that article...

Dear Sir,

I have just read the match report on the above match by one Andy Munro.
It was a fair report, biased in favour of Birmingham City, but I would expect that from a Birmingham newspaper. No problem there.

Then, we reach the final paragraph:
Incidentally, the crowd of just under 20,000 wasn’t bad given the opposition, the start of serious Christmas shopping and the fact that no doubt probably half of Millwall’s notorious away following were probably detained somewhere at Her Majesty’s pleasure.

That was such a lazy, cheap shot, it does Mr. Munro no credit whatsoever. There was no football violence story on Saturday, as far as I know. But Mr Munro just could not resist a snide parting shot to imply that there should have been.
No club has done more to eradicate trouble amongst its away fans. Tickets are sold ONLY to season ticket holders and members, without exception.

I am guessing that there was no trouble involving Millwall fans on Saturday, otherwise I’m sure it would have formed the majority of Mr. Munro’s match report.

Such lazy journalism would be at least a little more acceptable if Birmingham City fans were all complete angels with not a single episode of trouble between them. But, that is not the case, is it?
Who can forget the day Ms Karen Brady decided it was a good idea to place the Millwall fans in the lower tier beneath the angels of Birmingham.
Does Mr. Munro not remember the shower of golf balls that rained down from above onto the Millwall fans that day?
Somehow, Ms. Brady contrived to blame the Millwall fans for being attacked by her little angels.

Maybe Mr. Munro has also forgotten the case of Gary Mann, the Kent firefighter accused of being a ring leader in organising violence in Europe before and after England matches. Please ask Mr. Munro if he knows which club Gary Mann has followed all his life.
Just in case he has forgotten, I can help him out here...it is BRIMINGHAM CITY!!
I could go on and on, but it would serve no purpose.

Every club has its idiots amongst its fanbase. Millwall is no exception. I am not stupid enough to deny that.
I am sick of lazy journalists who cannot resist reeling out the old stereotypes to raise a chuckle amongst their faithful readers.

Now, here’s a challenge; Prove that you are better than that, Mr Munro.
Publish an apology to all the Millwall fans who do NOT fit the image you portrayed in 20 odd careless words on Saturday.

People who live in glass houses, Mr Munro would sometimes do well to show a little discretion.

Regards

Paul T*****

p.s. As you have probably guessed, I am a Millwall fan since 1962. I have NEVER been involved in any sort of fight, much less ever been charged with ANY offence. Unlike many Birmingham fans. Just saying...

It wasn't all in bold like that, just the quote of his final para.

Last edited:

whiskylion

People will rightly say that you can’t tar all Muslims or Nigerians or Rottweilers with the same brush.Yet, are happy to do so about a group of people whose major connection is the fact they like cheering on the same 11 men kicking a ball. A connection far, far weaker than any of the above groups share!!

Imagine a journalist writing such a sweeping comment about Muslims, black people or women.
Yes, but it is very badly written and well below professional journalisic standards.

Had he handed that copy to me back in the day I would have thrown it back at him and asked him to learn the fundamentals of grammar before submitting such garbage. Or, preferably, sell insurance or used cars or something. Fleet Street material he ain't.

Another glorified amateur thinking he is good enough for the Guardian (actually, he might well be seeing the self-absorbed, pretentious drivel that has now become their norm) while on a massive ego trip.

God preserve us from these supercilious nonentities.

Last edited:

obeney

Well you can see why he is reporting for an Provincial and not one of the Nationals.

Only thing in his report I appreciated was the use of our original nick-name which my father used until the day he died. "The Dockers".

kevrelles

Followfollowwatp

That's disgraceful, putting rottweilers in the same sentence as those other cunts

lazy journalism pandering to what he thinks his audience want to read , nearly a shame because without the last sentence it was reasonably fair , the man's a cunt