Vaccine

DensLions

I should think that there will be all kinds of reactions including no reaction to the vaccine. Peoples immune systems are all different and so will react differently.
Hopefully the benefits will outweigh any hopefully short term adverse effects.
I also wonder if the vaccine will interact with any medication the recipient is taking.

BT-Steve

Brother in law had it on Tuesday, off work bodily ill now only 62, he wasn't ill before hand? Mother in law 85 had it last week, couldn't breathe properly for 2 days after? I'm still not convinced about all this?

tony_dolby

Brother in law had it on Tuesday, off work bodily ill now only 62, he wasn't ill before hand? Mother in law 85 had it last week, couldn't breathe properly for 2 days after? I'm still not convinced about all this?

Muscle ache, chills, tiredness and headache are common side effects of both the Pfizer and 'Oxford' vaccines. These were all noted in the extensive trials and will pass after a couple of days. They're caused by your body's immune system gearing itself up.

BT-Steve

Muscle ache, chills, tiredness and headache are common side effects of both the Pfizer and 'Oxford' vaccines. These were all noted in the extensive trials and will pass after a couple of days. They're caused by your body's immune system gearing itself up.
Breathing issues Tony? Surly shouldn't be having this type of issue its dangerous.

tony_dolby

Breathing issues Tony? Surly shouldn't be having this type of issue its dangerous.

Sorry, I didn't read your post carefully enough. It must have been very frightening for her. However, it doesn't necessarily mean that the vaccine itself is unsafe. It might however, have much more severe side-effects in some people than is at first realized. It's definitely worth reporting it through the Yellow Card system (link below).

Also, the general advice is that if you've had a severe adverse reaction to the first dose of the vaccine, you shouldn't have the second dose.

Ilderton Wanderer

My mum got her first jab of the Pfizer vaccine this morning at the health centre in New Cross. She’s basically been shut away for the best part of a year and it was heartbreaking on Christmas Day to see her and my old man behind their front room window waving at the grandkids. We took the kids round to stand in the drive just so they could see them but my mum lasted about 10 seconds before she broke down in tears. She desperately wants to hug them again and if the jab brings that even one day closer then more power to the vaccine.

My dad didn’t get an appointment but had heard that they were giving them out at a hub in Guys hospital, so we gave them a ring and he’s booked in for this Saturday night and has a date in early April for his second jab, easy as that.

We can criticise the government and the scientists for different things in the last 12 months but when it comes to the vaccine and the roll out of it in my opinion they and the NHS have been spot on.

Ulster Lion

My mum got her first jab of the Pfizer vaccine this morning at the health centre in New Cross. She’s basically been shut away for the best part of a year and it was heartbreaking on Christmas Day to see her and my old man behind their front room window waving at the grandkids. We took the kids round to stand in the drive just so they could see them but my mum lasted about 10 seconds before she broke down in tears. She desperately wants to hug them again and if the jab brings that even one day closer then more power to the vaccine.

My dad didn’t get an appointment but had heard that they were giving them out at a hub in Guys hospital, so we gave them a ring and he’s booked in for this Saturday night and has a date in early April for his second jab, easy as that.

We can criticise the government and the scientists for different things in the last 12 months but when it comes to the vaccine and the roll out of it in my opinion they and the NHS have been spot on.
I hope, for your mum and dad, and other families, that this is the start of bringing everyone together again. Hopefully they've been through the worst with their isolation, and you should be saluted for all you're doing to keep them safe. Respect, mate.

lottwall

My mum and dad had theirs this week , both in their 80’s. was great to hear them so upbeat after it and talking about going out again , going on holiday and my old man talking about going football again. Both said they couldn’t believe how easy and organised it all was. NHS have made a great start to this roll out , keeping our elderly happy after the last year is excellent.

Ulster Lion

My mum and dad had theirs this week , both in their 80’s. was great to hear them so upbeat after it and talking about going out again , going on holiday and my old man talking about going football again. Both said they couldn’t believe how easy and organised it all was. NHS have made a great start to this roll out , keeping our elderly happy after the last year is excellent.
Their attitude is brilliant. Best wishes to them both.

ParisWall

We're okay lads, the Vaccine is Halal!

According to the BBC, the South Asian community (they still cannot bring themselves to say Muslim) is refusing the Vaccine because it is manufactured from pigs!

They then cut to a Sikh bloke having the Vaccine - you really could not make it up.

:wagging: