Vaccine

DA16WALL

Sister and her hubby had a text this morning from their health clinic to make an appointment to get jab

they phoned the clinic and are booked in for today at 16.30
Both reasonably healthy and fit
Age 73 and 70
Live in Crofton Park
Wish them both well mate. My 85 year old neighbour had his last week and my wife has been speaking to his literally an hour ago, and she told my wife that he'd been really unwell since he had it. Suppose it'll have side effects on some more than others. Hopefully your sister and her hubby will be fine.

Stowwall

Apparently there is some vaccine going to waste because people are not responding to the call to get vaccinated. Much of this relates to the 'BAME' community.

Stowwall

Wish them both well mate. My 85 year old neighbour had his last week and my wife has been speaking to his literally an hour ago, and she told my wife that he'd been really unwell since he had it. Suppose it'll have side effects on some more than others. Hopefully your sister and her hubby will be fine.
I should think that there will be all kinds of reactions including no reaction to the vaccine. Peoples immune systems are all different and so will react differently.
Hopefully the benefits will outweigh any hopefully short term adverse effects.

syrup

Sister and her hubby had a text this morning from their health clinic to make an appointment to get jab

they phoned the clinic and are booked in for today at 16.30
Both reasonably healthy and fit
Age 73 and 70
Live in Crofton Park
Same as my next door neighbours, both about the same age both reasonably healthy also. The 91 year old lady around the corner hasn’t heard a thing.

tony_dolby

Apparently there is some vaccine going to waste because people are not responding to the call to get vaccinated. Much of this relates to the 'BAME' community.

Talk about Turkey's voting for Christmas!

I don't know for certain, of course, but I haven't heard about vaccines being thrown away. The Pfizer vaccine storage problem means that opened cases have to be used up quickly. 'Left over' vaccines are being given to NHS staff so they get used up.

Ulster Lion

All the best to them both, let’s hope in 15 years they get their telegrams from her maj

I thought mum would yet just fell short and sadly left us at 95 in 2017

I was gonna flog it on eBay
Thank you, mate. They got a telegram from Her Majesty last June for their 60th Wedding Anniversary, and were both chuffed to bits.
They're not in the best of health, but are from the generation that never complain. Always up early, dad in his collar and tie, mum in her dress. (I suggested that they should swap clothes some day, although unless my dad wore an ankle length skirt you'd see his ball bag dangling below the hem line). Hopefully they get the telegram that, sadly, your mum didn't.
May she rest in peace.

Beaufoyboy

Thank you, mate. They got a telegram from Her Majesty last June for their 60th Wedding Anniversary, and were both chuffed to bits.
They're not in the best of health, but are from the generation that never complain. Always up early, dad in his collar and tie, mum in her dress. (I suggested that they should swap clothes some day, although unless my dad wore an ankle length skirt you'd see his ball bag dangling below the hem line). Hopefully they get the telegram that, sadly, your mum didn't.
May she rest in peace.
She always used to say we should have machine gunners on the coast to shot all the foreigners

used to slag off all her carers with all you fracking foreigners coming here and ruining England