UK Run out of workers - NW

HappyLion

The owner of Crieff Hydro said a recruitment crisis exacerbated by Brexit is harming the hospitality sector’s recovery as he seeks to fill 75 jobs.

Stephen Leckie, the fifth generation owner of the Perthshire-based business, said Brexit had made it much harder to recruit European workers.

The business previously had 140 live-in members of staff in Crieff but today that number is just 40.

Recruitment has been a widespread issue in hospitality businesses, with Gleneagles Hotel advertising jobs on flyers put through doors.

###Let me get this right. You are telling me there are not 75 people on the dole who can do pretty much unskilled work. And the main reason you want EU workers has nothing to do with the fact you can get away paying them pittance wages. If that's not the case then explain why no one here wants to work for you and also why you recruit EU workers rather than UK workers.

BigPaul

###Let me get this right. You are telling me there are not 75 people on the dole who can do pretty much unskilled work. And the main reason you want workers has nothing to do with the fact you can get away paying them pittance wages. If that's not the case then explain why no one here wants to work for you and also why you recruit EU workers rather than UK workers.
If one result of Brexit is that employers have to pay decent wages to attract UK workers, then good.

Bexleyheath_lion

This is bullshit. The reality is we have a generation of lazy cunts that don't wanna work hard coupled with a capitalist movement where by business constantly tries to squeeze profit margins for the benefit of shareholders, ergo, increasing prices with low paid employee's.

If the working wage goes up, the only people that will be affected are the consumers, as the end price for goods and services will increase to maintain ROCE or EPS.

In reality, this is the same whether brexit had occured or not, just the eastern europeans clearly didn't need as high wages for whatever reason.

Last edited:

HappyLion

This is bullshit. The reality is we have a generation of lazy cunts that don't wanna work hard coupled with a capitalist movement where by business constantly tries to squeeze profit margins for the benefit of shareholders, ergo, increasing prices with low paid employee's.

If the working wage goes up, the only people that will be affected are the consumers, as the need price for goods and services will increase to maintain ROCE or EPS.

In reality, this is the same whether brexit had occured or not, just the eastern europeans clearly didn't need as high wages for whatever reason.
They have a lower cost of living back home. They cant recruit UK workers because they still dont want to pay a reasonable rate for the job. White slavery days are over.

Stompie

Because they lived 10 to a house?
10 to a room more like. Bunk beds and doubles, all Illegally rented out by normaly foriegn landlords.

£1,200 a month for me to rent a small, half decent flat on my own (bills not Included). Or £60 a week for me to share a room mob handed, save my wages and then buy a house In the shadow of the Soviet Union.

With some rough figures based on what I remember from working In construction, the rent for people who chose to live that way Is roughly 10% of their monthly wage.

To put that Into perspective I would have to earn 12 grand a month to live on my own and spend the same percentage of my money on rent. As It Is (or was before I left) It would be over 50% (with bills and council tax) of my taxed wage to live In a flat on my own, 35/40% to live with a mate or 25/30% to live with two of them In relatively close contact. Obvioulsy these rent prices are not for slums, but they are not for luxurious gaffs either, just the good side of avarage.

Bermondseyinexile

If the working wage goes up, the only people that will be affected are the consumers, as the end price for goods and services will increase to maintain ROCE or EPS.

Totally agree with this. Everyone straight out of school thinks they should be earning £50k per year without putting in the hard graft.
My daughter is as smart as you like, qualifications coming out of her ears including a first in her degree and distinction in her masters, yet she has travelled 250 miles up north for a permanent job, and no the money isn't brilliant; but she's putting herself out there for the longer term good.
Shame the rest of the parasites we have in our country dont do the same... Rant over

Phlion54

Plenty of workshy bastards living off the State who could do the jobs but they don’t want to. I can’t stand spongers and this country has too many of them.
Some are not workshy but under the benefit laws some cannot afford to work as they would lose some benefits ( free school meals) and the wages they would get would not cover this......it's a catch 22..... It's a fact some are lazy good for nothing spongers and all peop!e on benefits get labelled .....until the minimum wage is high enough to live on for a family it will not change

kevrelles

Some are not workshy but under the benefit laws some cannot afford to work as they would lose some benefits ( free school meals) and the wages they would get would not cover this......it's a catch 22..... It's a fact some are lazy good for nothing spongers and all peop!e on benefits get labelled .....until the minimum wage is high enough to live on for a family it will not change
Labour politicians should sell their houses and take a 50% wage cut.and give it all to their friends, cunts who have come to Britain illegally.

Peckham Lion

The clue is the word “lazy” and nothing to do with cost of living!
East europeans working on sites in London are on no more than what i was earning back in the 80's. Back then a pint was £1.20, fags £3.50. rent, £35-40 a week, food was inexpensive, as was travel. A bullseye a day was good money in the mid eighties- the equivalent today is roughly £130, half of what a east european now earns. Fuck knows how anyone expects anyone with bills and overheads to live off of £250 a week in todays world.

Ibroxlion

Yes I know it’s not everyone but there’s still far too many. I’ve seen them all my life and it bugs me no end.

Bexleyheath_lion

Totally agree with this. Everyone straight out of school thinks they should be earning £50k per year without putting in the hard graft.
My daughter is as smart as you like, qualifications coming out of her ears including a first in her degree and distinction in her masters, yet she has travelled 250 miles up north for a permanent job, and no the money isn't brilliant; but she's putting herself out there for the longer term good.
Shame the rest of the parasites we have in our country dont do the same... Rant over

Fair play to your daughter and I hope she gets the rewards for her dedication. You are right, we seem to have a generation of entitled pricks, thinking everything should be handed to them. I've had to graft and work my nuts off to give my kids a bit of a better up bringing than I got and it makes me value everything I have.