Uber eats...

33lion

In December only! Context-They're offering this because they're businesses have been hit badly by Covid.

Every independent business has been badly affected by COVID, their skin colour is irrelevant.

Im shocked that Uber have even been allowed to do this, from a legal standpoint. It is creating unfair advantage for black-owned businesses over the others - what message does that send?

33lion

Cringeworthy embarrassing bollocks.

The left wing white saviours and their militant black power ‘allies’ will as usual lap this virtue signalling up on social media. So brave. So righteous. Well done Uber. #BlackLivesMatter

Does the average black man genuinely agree to the constant singling out of their race, largely by white people? Is it not at least the tiniest bit patronising?! Whether it’s in football, management, punditry. Or TV adverts, films and series... it’s way too forced, and in my eyes, problematic. The big-wigs on the boards of these companies, I feel are so out of touch, they are clambering over each other to be seen to be doing what they perceive as the ‘right thing’. What they don’t realise is, this is aggravating most people. It’s creating issues, or rather bringing existing tensions to the surface for no reason. Yet again sticking black people up as victims, who constantly need a leg up, encouragement, financial incentives, positive discrimination to be able to live.

I think it’s bad in this country, I can only imagine it is worse in the States. I usually say we are 10 years behind the US - with social media etc. this gap is closing, but I can only see this country becoming a bigger freak show on all political fronts, just like the Yanks.

Bobwat

Weller as years gone by will show you, it’s only them that use the racist card, the black thing. It’s always been a different rule for them yet all us whites are the ones deemed racist. the people with a brain in this world k ow the truth but are frightened of saying it because of the reprisals. fucking bang out of order! It’s been going on for years now
Racists calling non-racists racist tel..!!

Peckham Lion

If you know the restaurant you order from and they use their own drivers,then usually it's no problem.
I would not order from a skanky restaurant that uses wrong uns uber
I realised that takeaways now seem to have two/three online menus, one that's there own and then uber eats or deliveroo's .They are always pricier cause of the £4.50 delivery charge, which a miserly quid of that go's to the driver. Even search engines display uber's above the actual restaurants. I don't begrudge someone trying to earn a pound note but won't use them for ethical reasons, most of these Apps pay fuck all or very little in tax.

Peckham Lion

Every independent business has been badly affected by COVID, their skin colour is irrelevant.
No doubt some more than others, some are thriving because of the lockdown, independents and corporates alike. The local shops here are buzzing, the butchers, greengrocers, fishmongers all have lengthy queues daily cause bods don't want to use big supermarkets, funny enough most of the take away's are dead.

33lion

Quite possibly they can do as they please, being a private company, who knows. Another bandwagon will be along shortly for all of them to jump on.

There’s regulation / laws against discrimination, quite if they will be used against Ubereats in this case because it’s viewed in such a positive light as “positive discrimination”, remains to be seen.

Obviously nothing will be said about it.

kevrelles

There’s regulation / laws against discrimination, quite if they will be used against Ubereats in this case because it’s viewed in such a positive light as “positive discrimination”, remains to be seen.

Obviously nothing will be said about it.
So it's down now to the public to blank the cunts.hurt em where it hurts, their finances. Scummy cunts.

Last edited:

33lion

And to be clear, I have no problem with the promotion in itself, but I do have a problem with the lack of balance and support for other demographics by UberEats. Singling out one demographic for a leg up in a time like this when everyone is struggling, really must be a kick in the bollocks.