true or not--Tom King

whiskylion

True....apparently.

Gloucestershire Live have been tracking the alleged deal, saying the manager is releasing half the team to ensure they aren't the first since Doncaster Rovers in 1905 to bounce back out of the Football League just one season after entering it...

whiskylion

ParisWall - 3/1/2018 15:43

Are they the Vegan Club?

I wouldn't go anywhere without the assurance of a bacon sandwich.

:nofinger:
Yes mate. You obviously missed my earlier joke that the move would result the world's first vegan Lion....

silverlion

There are no pies or bacon sandwiches there Paris. And the ground is miles from nowhere.

On a practical note, King is not going to get a game with us all the time we have Martin. And so it makes sense to ship him out so he can get some game time with somebody else. I think he has potential and played well for us, other than his forgettable game at White Hart Lane!

whiskylion

silverlion - 3/1/2018 16:38

There are no pies or bacon sandwiches there Paris. And the ground is miles from nowhere.

On a practical note, King is not going to get a game with us all the time we have. And so it makes sense to ship him out so he can get some game time with somebody else. I think he has potential and played well for us, other than his forgettable game at White Hart Lane!
Silver...poor Tom didn't stand a chance with any of the first five goals. My heart bled for him on the 6th. Otherwise, thought the lad did well - that game could have been double figures...

HappyLion

NH has said King is going out on loan. It will do him good to get regular game time. I think long term he will be a better keeper than Archer. Although I think Archer sometimes gets a bad press on here.

Note another couple of good blocks on Saturday.

ParisWall

whiskylion - 3/1/2018 15:52

ParisWall - 3/1/2018 15:43

Are they the Vegan Club?

I wouldn't go anywhere without the assurance of a bacon sandwich.

:nofinger:
Yes mate. You obviously missed my earlier joke that the move would result the world's first vegan Lion....
Hold my hand-up, missed that.

So is the whole club that way?

You telling me the girls in the Ticket Office never let meat slide between their lips, even when out with boyfriends?

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Nobby86

I have actually been to Forest Green on away day with Crawley Town back when both clubs in the Conference.

It was at their old ground which wasn't better than most Sussex County League grounds I have played at in my teenage years.

Its in Nailsworth which really is in the middle of no where.

Would be nice to have Millwall drawn away there in one the cups......be quite funny seiing 800-1200 Millwall descend onto that small town.

Kryan Bing

FireWall - 3/1/2018 18:57

silverlion - 3/1/2018 16:38

!
Don't want to be picky, what does miles from nowhere mean? Somewhere?
‘Silverlion’ wasn’t much help there, he should have been more precise.
Forest Green is 4,642 miles from Nowhere.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nowhere,_Oklahoma

:tup: