This Stupid Government.....

Phlion54

No, show me where i have.

Well there fucking idiots then, if going abroad is all people to have to worry about then fuck then as well.

people in glass houses eh!

What deaths are these? Is any politicion to blame when someone dies no matter the cause? I'd like to see some evidence that it's the PM who's killing all these people, carry on,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Do you not think people should use some common sense and do what they think is right, proper and safe? or do you sit around waiting for some shithouse mp to tell you when to shit or piss?
Look at the care home fiasco.....let them down & 1000,s died...... Who's fault was that ...the care home workers or the biggest liar after
bojo ...Hancock ...... People were told it's safe to book hoildays.....now it's not safe.3 days later..... No trade deal with Portugal in the pipeline then... Poor & late decisions have cost people their lives from the very start and the person who gave us the at times useless information & poor direction is the goverment.....not the nhs ,not the other parties , not joe public......it's sad that you been taken in by all the lies,double dealing.,poor decision making ....but you will spin it to blame everyone else except the real offenders......

Eamon Dunphys tackle

Look at the care home fiasco.....let them down & 1000,s died...... Who's fault was that ...the care home workers or the biggest liar after
bojo ...Hancock ...... People were told it's safe to book hoildays.....now it's not safe.3 days later..... No trade deal with Portugal in the pipeline then... Poor & late decisions have cost people their lives from the very start and the person who gave us the at times useless information & poor direction is the goverment.....not the nhs ,not the other parties , not joe public......it's sad that you been taken in by all the lies,double dealing.,poor decision making ....but you will spin it to blame everyone else except the real offenders......
As I said previously things can change in the lockdown and they have.
People travelling abroad knew this or should have known.
As for the care homes, some of the workers in these places refused to have the vaccination. They were then advised they could lose their jobs if they didn't.
And rightly so. Is that the government's fault?

tony_dolby

"Look at the care home fiasco.....let them down & 1000,s died...... Who's fault was that ...the care home workers or the biggest liar after bojo ...Hancock ...."

The care home managers and workers. There are established protocols that have been around for years concerning patients that return from hospitals with an infectious outbreak. Care homes that followed these procedures had little or no transmission within the care home. Those that didn't, sacrificed the lives of their residents to save money.

Criminal charges have already been brought against some care home workers. Hopefully more arrests will follow.

gatecrasher

"Look at the care home fiasco.....let them down & 1000,s died...... Who's fault was that ...the care home workers or the biggest liar after bojo ...Hancock ...."

The care home managers and workers. There are established protocols that have been around for years concerning patients that return from hospitals with an infectious outbreak. Care homes that followed these procedures had little or no transmission within the care home. Those that didn't, sacrificed the lives of their residents to save money.

Criminal charges have already been brought against some care home workers. Hopefully more arrests will follow.
not what he wanted to hear
not once did you blame boris or the conservative party

Brusselslion

Admittedly my experience was a while ago and things may have tightened up a bit since, but imo things were far too lax for far too long.

I have some stuff to sort out in London. I decided to confirm with UK immigration exactly what I needed to do. Was told that I needed to test beforehand and self-isolate and then test again in London. "What about getting from Heathrow/ Kings X to my home?" The official recommendation was to take a cab, but travelling on public transport was permitted! Almost identical scenario returning to Brussels. Once you leave the airport/ Eurostar terminal, make your own way home however you like!

Maybe too broad a generalisation, but European nations as a whole have made a complete fuck-up of controlling their respective borders during this pandemic (Belgium and the UK certainly have). We could have followed the Australian, New Zealand or South-East Asian models regarding entry. These countries have not been Covid-free but their strict border controls must have helped them control the spread. Too big a price to pay - economically; personal freedom - in doing so? Hmmm?

And that stuff I've got to do in London still remains unsorted.😤

HappyLion

When the Indian variant was identified in India it was already in the UK.

Stopping flights from India would have had no effect. People transit through other countries. Crew and passengers on merchant shipping. People who have contracted the virus from secondary contacts and are not flying from India. Indians flying into Eire and coming into the UK by ferry. Even stopping all flights from everywhere would not have worked.

If it was as simple as stoping flights from India we would have done it. People do not have the slightest clue as to how much thought goes into making these decisions. Just be glad you dont have to make them.

People who re-hash this argument are just jumping on the anti-Government bandwagon. In truth the know jack shit.

Stompie

I didn't know that. Good, I fucking hate care homes and the mentality many of them have.

A horrible Industry that prays on and then bleeds dry what's left of people's lives.

Brusselslion

Anyone doubting the enormity of the task which governments faced in dealing with this crisis and/or believes that they deliberately took decisions to put their citizens at risk is a fool, but governments still need to be held responsible for their actions.

I know jack shit about the science of viruses but I do know, intuitively and statistically, that if you limit the frequency and duration of encounters with the virus, you reduce the risk of it spreading and mutating and therefore likely reduce the overall number of infections. Why then, if the main objective of European governments was to protect their health systems from crumbling because of weight of numbers, was the relatively unrestricted movement of people throughout the UK and mainland Europe allowed for so long?

Correlation does not equal causation, but I find it striking that the countries that have had the most success in controlling the number of infections (Australia, NZ, Taiwan, Vietnam, etc) are those that employed the tightest border controls and lockdowns. The price that they have paid is a greater restriction on personal freedom, and may continue to pay will be a slower economic recovery. Worth the increased sacrifice? I guess that the electorates will decide that.

Mistakes were made and can't simply be brushed off as anti-government or justified as being made in 'good faith' (that should be a given). Moreover, it wasn't a case of 'There is no alternative'; there were choices, it's just that imo many European governments - including Belgium and the UK - seem to have made too many wrong ones.

Froada

Anyone going or thinking of going abroad on holiday at the moment is a cunt.
That'll be me then. I have to get out to Spain this year for personal reasons. I've had both jabs, and Covid. My 83 year old Dad has had it twice. Most of our office had it over Christmas, with little problems. I think its time for us to get back to normal and live with it, if necessary.

EVOJM1972

I didn't know that. Good, I fucking hate care homes and the mentality many of them have.

A horrible Industry that prays on and then bleeds dry what's left of people's lives.
I used to do Muay Thai with a lad who ran a couple his dad had set up. Had the cheek to moan about having to have a certain % of council paid for residents because he didn't make any money off then. Fucking parasite. I forgot to pull some punches in sparring that day 🤬

The German Herman

Still defending the indefensible ....got it wrong again ruined people's holidays after they listened to the " spoon fed" recommendations from bojo....pity it didn't follow this line of thought on banning flights etc from India before it got hold in this country....common sense is not in his world......and still you defend the idiot who get again is the reason for more deaths
Who would you replace the Government with,? This is a simple enough question.

The German Herman

That'll be me then. I have to get out to Spain this year for personal reasons. I've had both jabs, and Covid. My 83 year old Dad has had it twice. Most of our office had it over Christmas, with little problems. I think its time for us to get back to normal and live with it, if necessary.
It was always about the NHS not getting overwhelmed, It seems vaccinations have stopped any chance of that happening, Time to get back to normal.

Stompie

Who would you replace the Government with,? This is a simple enough question.

Ahhh, but Is your question more or less simple than the person who was asked It?

As we know the answer to that one, does that now Infact mean your question Is actually tricky?

HappyLion

Care homes were sacrificed to supply hospitals with PPE. It was no accident and was the right thing to do at the time.

My mums in a care home and I have no problem with it. Shit happens. Get over it.