The reality in cold hard facts

champs08

There isn’t one player that’s scored more than 11 goals in 39 games in this championship season we could afford. Quite frankly, the top 3 are probably worth more than most of our squad.

so when we all cry out for a championship striker, let’s just reflect what that actually costs in today’s game, versus the budget we have.

It’s a sobering thought and a real fact check.

whiskylion

To think Pukki was a free transfer. What a signing for The Yellow Peril he has turned out to be.
But don't worry, our scouting team will be on the case and pull one out the bag.
When Harris was offered Pukki, he actually told him he had to come to Millwall for trials. A player who had been playing in European cup competition that season and was his country's leading scorer. Seriously! You can't make this shit up.

Basically, NH didn't have a clue who he was. And wasn't much interested in finding out. Probably because he'd never played for Barnsley or Southend.

The player, a little insulted, declined the offer.

Norwich simply snapped Pukki's hand off, unable to believe their luck.

And people wonder why I don't rate Harris as a manager.

You really do sometimes have to feel very sorry for the Millwall chairman nd directors...

Last edited:

waterloowacker

When Harris was offered Pukki, he actually told him he had to come to Millwall for trials. A player who had been playing in European cup competition that season and was his country's leading scorer. Seriously! You can't make this shit up.

Basically, NH didn't have a clue who he was. And wasn't much interested in finding out. Probably because he'd never played for Barnsley or Southend.

You really do sometimes have to feel very sorry for the Millwall chairman nd directors...
Wasn't it Harris that let Eze go as well.

Ilderton Wanderer

Playing devils advocate here but doesn’t every club have these ‘one that got away’ stories as well? I’m not saying Harris didn’t make a huge ricket over Pukki but you could argue that among the Elliots, Skalaks and Butchers he did pick up Romeo for nothing and bought in Jed Wallace, Murray Wallace, Saville, Bart, Hutchinson and most of all Cooper who must rank as one of our best signings for many many years.

whiskylion

Playing devils advocate here but doesn’t every club have these ‘one that got away’ stories as well? I’m not saying Harris didn’t make a huge ricket over Pukki but you could argue that among the Elliots, Skalaks and Butchers he did pick up Romeo for nothing and bought in Jed Wallace, Murray Wallace, Saville, Bart, Hutchinson and most of all Cooper who must rank as one of our best signings for many many years.
I'll take your Pukki as well as Eze and raise you Elliott....

DensLions

What is ironic is that Harris was a striker but the only decent attacking player he signed was Jed. Apart from Saville all the other players on your list are defensive players!

Eamon Dunphys tackle

I agree Ilderton, but no prolific goalscorer amongst them.

whittleseymfc

Harris is s moron