The long good friday

E1 Wall

Ra
Reading the telegraph in the way home and there’s an obituary for barrie keeffe who wrote the screenplay of the long good Friday. A classic, Bob Hoskins never better and with the best theme tune of all time.
[/QUOTGreat film, the character Razors (P.H Moriarty) is an avid millwall fan, used to see him a lot at the old den, brilliant theme tune by Francis Monkman ...

coldblower

Reading the telegraph in the way home and there’s an obituary for barrie keeffe who wrote the screenplay of the long good Friday. A classic, Bob Hoskins never better and with the best theme tune of all time.
And Millwall supporting ex docker Paul Moriarty as Razors

Kryan Bing

Better theme than Get Carter....? Brave call...!!

Always loved that theme, just perfect for the film.
I remember reading that Roy Budd was a fan of Lalo Schifrin. Another great at writing crime/espionage scores. Still alive at 87 as well..!!

partisan_lion

The Ted Lewis novels of Carter are proper brutal and uncompromising and well written in the sense of the language used.

One gangster in Jack Carter's Law is talking about a bird called Lesley and Carter replies
"The only Lesley I known is thinning on top"

Made me chuckle.

onlyagame

I read Keeffe’s obituary last night and the first ever play he wrote was called “only a game”
He obviously nicked the title off our Eamon.
He was a bit of a leftie though