THE GREAT BARRINGTON DECLARATION

kcajsenoj

Most people have never heard of this but it just goes to show that just because we are against most of what the Government force feeds us that we are not mad CONSPIRACY THEORISTS. Well worth a look at before the powers that be ridicule it and take it down.

tony_dolby

I've been a supporter of the herd immunity approach since well before the first lockdown. It's a perfectly sensible approach in theory - but sometimes difficult to achieve in practice. However, the declaration does not support any 'anti-government' conspiracy theory - nor do the signatories whose work I am familiar with. They are simply saying that, in their opinion, the scientific advice that most govts. have been following is wrong. I would tend to agree. The first UK lockdown was obviously necessary but went on far too long. The second one was a big mistake in my opinion as are the stricter tier levels being proposed.

Last edited:

mad_mahon

Seasonal virus, lockdowns for millions is not even right. Lockdown the vulnerable definitely, but the general public? I wholeheartedly agree TD.

tony_dolby

"but why would she make up stuff like that."

Follow the money. There's money to be made in peddling rubbish to gullible people.

"is she just lying like the government"

The govt. is lying about vaccines? I would love to see your evidence for this.

tony_dolby

Seasonal virus, lockdowns for millions is not even right. Lockdown the vulnerable definitely, but the general public? I wholeheartedly agree TD.

I suppose I should have mentioned my other problem with the Barrington Declaration. It's an ethical one. Allowing the 'rest of us' to get on with life presupposes some restrictions on those who are not allowed to get on with life. This to my mind is completely unacceptable.

If I was into conspiracy theories, I could see one right there in the Barrington Declaration. This is 'immunity passport' territory. The persecution of the weakest and most vulnerable in our society and social Darwinism in action. I couldn't ever support any measure in which UK citizens were denied rights that others are granted.

I think the 'common sense' approach that we are sort of following in the UK is the best. We don't have a police state that checks our every move as in Russia and France. We have supported the people we asked to shield, and we didn't force them to do so.

This, I think, is the proper way to proceed. Let people make their own choice based on their own healthcare needs. If you have underlying health conditions and you want to stay at home then do so. If you want to take your chances then by all means do so.

Last edited:

tony_dolby

"The Covid-19 vaccines are designed to make us into genetically modified organisms."

She has summarized the cynical falseness of her whole argument in one sentence. She must know this is not true, but carries on regardless.

mad_mahon

I suppose I should have mentioned by other problem with the Barrington Declaration. It's an ethical one. Allowing the 'rest of us' to get on with life presupposes some restrictions on those who are not allowed to get on with life. This to my mind is completely unacceptable.

If I was into conspiracy theories, I could see one right there in the Barrington Declaration. This is 'immunity passport' territory. The persecution of the weakest and most vulnerable in our society and social Darwinism in action. I couldn't ever support any measure in which UK citizens were denied rights that others are granted.

I think the 'common sense' approach that we are sort of following in the UK is the best. We don't have a police state that checks our every move as in Russia and France. We have supported the people we asked to shield, and we didn't force them to do so.

This, I think is the proper way to proceed. Let people make their own choice based on their own healthcare needs. If you have underlying health conditions and you want to stay at home then do so. If you want to take your chances then by all means do so.
I've personally not read into this Barrington Theory and 1st I have heard of it was the post this morning. No idea what it is in all honesty and couldn't tell you if it was conspiracy theory or a newspaper article written on facts.

My personal input to what you have wrote is I agree with what you are saying here regarding the rights for some and not others. The virus clearly looks seasonal to me, so I think we should be protecting (locking down is most probably the wrong word to use) the vulnerable during the times we ordinarily do i.e autumn, winter.

I probably used the wrong wording when I said "lockdown the vulnerable" in my 1st post, the word protecting is a better and looser terminology. Shutting golf courses and such alike is absurd, I know my dad is suffering mentally as he is on his own and was playing golf daily with his mates, now to nothing.

We do have a good commen sense approach however what looks like to be tougher restrictions being announced on Thursday, something that isn't broke doesn't need to be fixed. I just don't feel that Tom, Dick, Harry and Fred need to work from home and can't get about their normal life because Betty down the road, who doesn't often go out, could catch covid.
The talk of "freedom passes" today, to be given if you take 2 tests a week and are covid free. Simply put, this isn't freedom.

tony_dolby

"The talk of "freedom passes" today, to be given if you take 2 tests a week and are covid free. Simply put, this isn't freedom."

This is slavery, but no doubt the media are pushing a hysterical agenda as always. The devil will be in the detail. I can't see the UK bringing in something as draconian as this give that they've never even made it against the law not to wear a mask in shops!

I think a 'visiting pass' would be a much better idea to allow people to visit care homes and interact properly with their loved ones.

Last edited:

Stompie

This, I think, is the proper way to proceed. Let people make their own choice based on their own healthcare needs. If you have underlying health conditions and you want to stay at home then do so. If you want to take your chances then by all means do so.
Isn't that basically what the Great Barrington Decleration Is about?

We concentrate our efforts on protecting those deemed vulnerable whilst allowing those with whom the risk In miniscule, or those who want to live their lifes to get back to as much normality as possible.