The good ol exciting days

waterloowacker

Also was at the 3-3 draw 1977/78 at there place went on the bus me and my mate i was 10 never told my mum or dad just went out for the whole day as you did back in them days.
Remember i nearly had a fight on the bus when i called a 15yr old spurs kid at the front a wanker lucky the kid shit it when me and my mate stood our ground at back of the bus.
Anybody remember how the scoring went in this game ? i know the Yids were top and we was bottom or near but won our last 5 or 6 and stayed up.

Eamon Dunphys tackle

Also was at the 3-3 draw 1977/78 at there place went on the bus me and my mate i was 10 never told my mum or dad just went out for the whole day as you did back in them days.
Remember i nearly had a fight on the bus when i called a 15yr old spurs kid at the front a wanker lucky the kid shit it when me and my mate stood our ground at back of the bus.
Anybody remember how the scoring went in this game ? i know the Yids were top and we was bottom or near but won our last 5 or 6 and stayed up.
I was there as well. Think we were 3-1 down. Glenda scored a free kick for them.
Brian Hamilton scored for us?

robbo555

Heard plenty of stories about this game and it sounded amazing. I didn't go myself because I was only three.

whiskylion

Bryan Hamilton scored a scorcher from about 30-35 yards to make it 3-3 in injury time.

waterloowacker

Bryan Hamilton scored a scorcher from about 30-35 yards to make it 3-3 in injury time.

Thanks was hoping you found this thread.
I remember TL scoring i also remember everybody going really nuts when we scored must of been Hamilton's rocket the end.
This was the first season that i can remember individual games that i went to i was hooked from this time.

Last edited:

ringo_the_lion

My Mum and Dad didn't want me and my younger brother to go to this game (I was 13 and he was 10) because the previous year we said we were going on a Red Bus Rover for the day and miraculously ended up at the Chelsea v Millwall game;), so to stop us this time they took us to Brighton for the weekend.

waterloowacker

My Mum and Dad didn't want me and my younger brother to go to this game (I was 13 and he was 10) because the previous year we said we were going on a Red Bus Rover for the day and miraculously ended up at the Chelsea v Millwall game;), so to stop us this time they took us to Brighton for the weekend.
Brilliant used to love a red bus rover remember we used get to the 68 to chalk farm looking for a farm :rotfl:

70sCR

I was in the stands with some of the Vauxhall Vikings,
one of whom suck his bare arse over the edge of the stand
and threatened to shit on the yids below. It must have been
quite a frightening sight to them as he had a eye tattooed on
each buttock. Fun and games afterwards :rotfl:
That has lightened up a so far pretty shit day. Thank you sir.