The definitive summer transfer gossip and assorted crap from clickbait nobodies thread.

Life with the Lions

kevrelles

Moses Adebayo has played a lot of Championship games for Brentford, Hull & Sheffield Wednesday. Once cost over 3 million, now available on a free. Is 27. A poor goal scoring record for a winger although it says he also plays RB. Did once score 12 in a league 1 season for Orient. So may remember where the goal is.

Fuck me you will want Jesus next :wahey:

whiskylion

If a player would rather sign for Mansfield - a team in the bottom half of the 4th Division - rather than Millwall then he's hardly the kind if player we are looking for.

HappyLion

If Mansfield get him over us. Then we really are in shit street,and the whole board should resign in shame and embarrassment.
WIl he be able to resist the lure of the bright lights and streets paved with gold?

And who's this O'neil kid at Sunderland I hear talk of? He looks a bit of a lightweight to me.

HappyLion

Ok I am going to make a prediction that we get Luke O'niens from Sunderland.

O’Nien, 26, is one of a handful of Sunderland players to have been offered an extended deal. His current contract expires next month but he is yet to accept the club’s offer of an extension,

Last edited:

kevrelles

June now and still no striker signed up.
So it's bollocks about the talent we are scouting in Europe., mind you we all knew it was bollocks, as it's always bollocks when it comes to transfers and wall.
On the bright side we will finish 2nd next season. FACT

33lion

Lyle Taylor’s available. I would take him. Reckon he would do a job for us and it would send Charlton fans into a melt down

Him and Jack Marriott in and I think we could really be on to something. We wouldn’t have to pay much to get them. Their wages may be on the high side, but their goals between them would warrant it?

Ive never understood our club and the way the majority of fans get sucked in to this narrative of “we can’t upset the balance of the squad with big wages”. Since when? You pay your best players the best money. If you’re going to stick someone on top dollar, youve done your research and know the value of the player to your coming seasons, whether that’s in goals, assists or clean sheets, then why not pay them the top money. Part of the reason I fear we will not be able to go further than where we are now is because of this fear of “imbalance” and “primadonnas” - its a bit of a myth in my eyes. You can’t win promotion to the premier league with a team of ‘honest’ ‘team player’ types like Leonard and Pearce. You need more, that X factor, some attitude, quality and end product that simply is not cheap nowadays. Toney at Brentford is an example of a star man in a team of quite polite, technically decent, athletic but not many stand out players. His 30 odd goals got them promoted, whatever way you cut it up.

I have no doubt Jed will be on very good money compared to someone like Bradshaw, but that’s how it should be.

Millwall tel

Him and Jack Marriott in and I think we could really be on to something. We wouldn’t have to pay much to get them. Their wages may be on the high side, but their goals between them would warrant it?

Ive never understood our club and the way the majority of fans get sucked in to this narrative of “we can’t upset the balance of the squad with big wages”. Since when? You pay your best players the best money. If you’re going to stick someone on top dollar, youve done your research and know the value of the player to your coming seasons, whether that’s in goals, assists or clean sheets, then why not pay them the top money. Part of the reason I fear we will not be able to go further than where we are now is because of this fear of “imbalance” and “primadonnas” - its a bit of a myth in my eyes. You can’t win promotion to the premier league with a team of ‘honest’ ‘team player’ types like Leonard and Pearce. You need more, that X factor, some attitude, quality and end product that simply is not cheap nowadays. Toney at Brentford is an example of a star man in a team of quite polite, technically decent, athletic but not many stand out players. His 30 odd goals got them promoted, whatever way you cut it up.

I have no doubt Jed will be on very good money compared to someone like Bradshaw, but that’s how it should be.
Bradshaw is that pony he should be paying us to play!

Life with the Lions

This. 100%

Brusselslion

I say this without having seen either Marriott or Taylor play last season but, on face value, neither appears to be the answer to our goalscoring problem.

Taylor scored 4 goals in 39 c'ship matches last season (albeit most appearances were from the bench). He would also probably want a 2 or 3 year contract on good money which, given he is 31, is taking a big risk.

Marriott has the advantage of being younger (26) but didn't score in 14 loan appearances at Sheff Wed, so there's hardly any compelling evidence to rush out and get him either.

However, given that we seem to shop exclusively at Derby's basement bin, Marriott will probably be on his way to us shortly. In fairness, the two Derby rejects - Bennett and Malone - have been big successes, and Pearce hasn't been an out-and-out disaster (although I wouldn't have given him a new contract), so maybe we are right to shop at football's version of Poundland?