The definitive summer transfer gossip and assorted crap from clickbait nobodies thread.

Peckham Lion

How he has kept his job is beyond belief. Brings nothing whatsoever to the club.
Behave mate, what more are we going to do in this league other than flirt with the play offs whilst spending the grand total of fuck all? The football ain't great but isn't that still all down to Harris? I see he's going to get Portsmouth relegated next season. all from his front room, what a man :grinning:

kevrelles

Behave mate, what more are we going to do in this league other than flirt with the play offs whilst spending the grand total of fuck all? The football ain't great but isn't that still all down to Harris? I see he's going to get Portsmouth relegated next season. all from his front room, what a man :grinning:
I'm talking more about how he responded to the booing. Shameful.

Peckham Lion

I'm talking more about how he responded to the booing. Shameful.
All i recall him saying was he was disappointed that all that's been talked about is the knee/booing and not football. I may well have missed something else he's said.

Rowett said: “I’m sat here as a manager disappointed that we’re not talking about the game today.

“The club have done so many positive things in the community – anti-discrimination. They have done so many brilliant initiatives and it’s a club that works incredibly hard to enact change and do something about the situations we all feel we need to be more pro-active on.

“We’re all disappointed that we’re having to come in and talk about it.

kevrelles

All i recall him saying was he was disappointed that all that's been talked about is the knee/booing and not football. I may well have missed something else he's said.

Rowett said: “I’m sat here as a manager disappointed that we’re not talking about the game today.

“The club have done so many positive things in the community – anti-discrimination. They have done so many brilliant initiatives and it’s a club that works incredibly hard to enact change and do something about the situations we all feel we need to be more pro-active on.

“We’re all disappointed that we’re having to come in and talk about it.
Can't remember word for word.but it was not good. Anyway if Jed is going.then kavanagh should ensure we get a decent deal.

Peckham Lion

Anyway if Jed is going.then kavanagh should ensure we get a decent deal.
We won't get much. Tough financial times for clubs, Jed only having a years contract to pay up will see to that. There will be some angry supporters if he goes for a pittance. Bods think he's worth anything from 8 to 15 million, i wholly disagree, he might be an asset to us but he's ten a penny to most considering his limitations.

PurleyLion

It works both ways. We don't know how long the club have been trying to tie him down.
Unfortunately there are some that always think the worst of the Chairman, Kavanagh, GR etc.

It’s possible we’ve been trying to get Jed onto a new contract for ages but he/his agent has not responded and the club has not publicised the fact, after all the last thing we need to do is alert other clubs that one of better players may want to move!

Similarly, we could have made offers for players that haven’t resulted in them joining us.

Throwing money at players doesn’t guarantee success. Look at Bristol City, billionaire chairman, spend millions on players (including £10m on Diedhiou who has managed 46 goals in 156 games - hardly prolific!) and their facilities but still only mid-table. Hargreaves can afford to lost millions but Millwall can’t.

I’ve faith in John, Steve and GR! Let’s see what comes to fruition.

Peckham Lion

It’s possible we’ve been trying to get Jed onto a new contract for ages but he/his agent has not responded and the club has not publicised the fact, after all the last thing we need to do is alert other clubs that one of better players may want to move!

Similarly, we could have made offers for players that haven’t resulted in them joining us.
Away with your common sense and reasoning, give your head a wobble ;)

Saxon Lion

Unfortunately there are some that always think the worst of the Chairman, Kavanagh, GR etc.

Throwing money at players doesn’t guarantee success. Look at Bristol City, billionaire chairman, spend millions on players (including £10m on Diedhiou who has managed 46 goals in 156 games - hardly prolific!) and their facilities but still only mid-table. Hargreaves can afford to lost millions but Millwall can’t.

I’ve faith in John, Steve and GR! Let’s see what comes to fruition.
How we wish for a striker who can score a goal nearly every three games.