The Covid good news thread N/W

unit4

The roadmap on Monday needs to be sensible.
Open everything up and it'l be 2 months wasted,see how quickly the stats will climb again and a more potent mutation will emerge.Older people may well be less at risk but the current rise in Primary age kids will multiply quickly.
If he allows them back to school the result could be horrific.
And who will everybody blame?, not those pushing it but Boris.
Slow and easy is the only way forward.

bramcoteboy62

The roadmap on Monday needs to be sensible.
Open everything up and it'l be 2 months wasted,see how quickly the stats will climb again and a more potent mutation will emerge.Older people may well be less at risk but the current rise in Primary age kids will multiply quickly.
If he allows them back to school the result could be horrific.
And who will everybody blame?, not those pushing it but Boris.
Slow and easy is the only way forward.
I do see where you’re coming from but with >25% of the population now vaccinated, admissions and cases plummeting, I really don’t know what we are still scared of.

This country needs to get on the front foot now.
Likewise if the economic turmoil continues and we are to be a second rate nation, boris is solely and squarely to blame

unit4

I do see where you’re coming from but with >25% of the population now vaccinated, admissions and cases plummeting, I really don’t know what we are still scared of.

This country needs to get on the front foot now.
Likewise if the economic turmoil continues and we are to be a second rate nation, boris is solely and squarely to blame
Yes but most of those 25 %i.e the elderly,those in care homes etc,dont go out clubbing etc. and mixing with loads of others.

bramcoteboy62

Yes but most of those 25 %i.e the elderly,those in care homes etc,dont go out clubbing etc. and mixing with loads of others.
Yeh that’s what I mean, the 25% are the people at risk. It doesn’t matter if the ones who go clubbing and drinking get Covid, they aren’t at risk and are not going to die if they get covid.I might add i at 58 am still of the age to go clubbing and drinking!!

Anyway let’s see what’s said on Monday

Peckham Lion

Pubs and clubs will be hotspots for the spread of it. Pubs are going to reopen but punters have to drink outside. That makes a load of fucking sense don't it. We'll probably end up locked back down for the summer, cunts.

Hitting

unit4

Yeh that’s what I mean, the 25% are the people at risk. It doesn’t matter if the ones who go clubbing and drinking get Covid, they aren’t at risk and are not going to die if they get covid.I might add i at 58 am still of the age to go clubbing and drinking!!

Anyway let’s see what’s said on Monday
They aren't at risk?why?.Apparantly healthy people have died,or had severe symptons and needed hospitalising.
I know the risk is a lot lower but its a lottery and as such there are a lot more losers than winners
I suppose its okay for some to die...not.

bramcoteboy62

They aren't at risk?why?.Apparantly healthy people have died,or had severe symptons and needed hospitalising.
I know the risk is a lot lower but its a lottery and as such there are a lot more losers than winners
I suppose its okay for some to die...not.
They are as at risk of Covid as they are of being hit by a car. I’m guessing we aren’t going to tell young people not to drive or walk on the pavement. This isn’t a lottery. Covid does discriminate, it predominantly targets the weak and the elderly

tony_dolby

They are as at risk of Covid as they are of being hit by a car. I’m guessing we aren’t going to tell young people not to drive or walk on the pavement. This isn’t a lottery. Covid does discriminate, it predominantly targets the weak and the elderly

It kills the weak and elderly disproportionately, but it 'targets' everyone equally. Everyone one of us can be, as Chris Whitty eloquently put it, a link in chain of transmission which could end up with someone's mum. So the risk of young fit adults dying of COVID is tiny, the risk of them becoming ill is small, but the risk of the transmitting the virus to others is very high.

I agree with your sentiments though. We must break out of this bed-wetting 'stay safe' hysteria ASAP. Let's crack on with life, but start off in a cautious and common-sense manner.

bramcoteboy62

It kills the weak and elderly disproportionately, but it 'targets' everyone equally. Everyone one of us can be, as Chris Whitty eloquently put it, a link in chain of transmission which could end up with someone's mum. So the risk of young fit adults dying of COVID is tiny, the risk of them becoming ill is small, but the risk of the transmitting the virus to others is very high.

I agree with your sentiments though. We must break out of this bed-wetting 'stay safe' hysteria ASAP. Let's crack on with life, but start off in a cautious and common-sense manner.
Completely agree. But the fantastic job the govt are doing means ‘someone’s mum’ and every other vulnerable person in the chain of transmission will be vaccinated very soon.

Anyway, let’s see what the roadmap details on Monday. The temperatures are getting higher and the days longer, I’m feeling positive!

unit4

Regardless of all the other nonsense going on, can we please all agree on one thing?

Can we stop calling anything not provided by the AA, google or a satnav a FUCKING ROADMAP!!!!!?

Thank you, please carry on....have a good Saturday. :grinning: :grinning: :grinning:
OK Paul,but first I have to map out my day.

Peckham Lion

Numbers update

Infections - 10,641, rolling 7 day down 11.1%

Deaths - 178, rolling 7 day down 26.9%

Admissions - 1,304, rolling 7 day down 20.9%

Whilst the rate of infections seems to be hovering around the 10k mark, the death and admission rates continue to fall - the admissions in particular falling in almost a linear fashion for several weeks now.