The Covid good news thread N/W

milleniwall's have rights

Got there in the end.
Is HMP Thameside still a Government-approved facility ?
Make a great start to a two week holiday in London !

The machine is taking over just tried to type "two week b3nder".
Just like magic bender got the asterix affect.
Weird world .
Need a fry up.

Last edited:

Bexhill Lion

WHO have gave their backing to the Oxford vaccine this afternoon they have even backed the spreading out of the gap between first and second jab. That will piss of the eu 😂
Think the Oxford vaccine bashing had nothing to do with scientific results, just a pissed off EU throwing the toys out of the pram that they
fucked up their own vaccine rollout.
What's your take on this TD as i look forward to reading your posts, find them reassuring during these shit times.

Peckham Lion

Wednesday's good news brought to you by some cunt in Peckham:geek:

Gong

Daily data update - everything rapidly heading in the right direction :

Infections - 13,013, rolling 7 day number down 27.7%
Admissions - 1,872, rolling 7 day number down 22.6%

Gong

Patients in hospital peaked at just over 39k (18th January), it's now 26,684
Deaths - 1,001, rolling 7 day number down 25.9% (this is accelerating fast now)
Vaccinations - 411,812 first jabs (40k more than reported last Weds). Total of first jabs has now passed 13m (12,058, 298) .

Bexhill Lion

Wednesday's good news brought to you by some cunt in Peckham:geek:

Gong

Daily data update - everything rapidly heading in the right direction :

Infections - 13,013, rolling 7 day number down 27.7%
Admissions - 1,872, rolling 7 day number down 22.6%

Gong

Patients in hospital peaked at just over 39k (18th January), it's now 26,684
Deaths - 1,001, rolling 7 day number down 25.9% (this is accelerating fast now)
Vaccinations - 411,812 first jabs (40k more than reported last Weds). Total of first jabs has now passed 13m (12,058, 298) .
Cheers Peckham👍

tony_dolby

Think the Oxford vaccine bashing had nothing to do with scientific results, just a pissed off EU throwing the toys out of the pram that they
fucked up their own vaccine rollout.
What's your take on this TD as i look forward to reading your posts, find them reassuring during these shit times.

It's complicated. A lot of the bad press here was due to a German reporter misreading the original research. He thought that in the original study that efficacy of the vaccine was only 8% for older people. In fact, this was the percentage of older people in the trial! AZ didn't recruit older people for ethical reasons. They considered it just too risky.

Macron that decided to act the c*nt by boasting that he didn't want the Oxford vaccine (which he couldn't get hold of) because it was shit. That was just him being a professional Frenchman.

Just before his outburst the EMA which decides on vaccine safety for the EU had decided that the Oxford Vaccine is safe and effective.

Countries that haven't authorized it for the elderly are just being cautious because it hadn't been tested on enough elderly people. I can understand that, because the side-effects of this vaccine could be quite nasty in someone who is very frail or near death.

I think I described the Oxford vaccine as the M4 Sherman and the Pfizer one as a King Tiger. The Oxford vaccine will be highly effective when deployed in big enough numbers although its stats are not as impressive as those reported for the Pfizer vaccine.

Bexhill Lion

It's complicated. A lot of the bad press here was due to a German reporter misreading the original research. He thought that in the original study that efficacy of the vaccine was only 8% for older people. In fact, this was the percentage of older people in the trial! AZ didn't recruit older people for ethical reasons. They considered it just too risky.

Macron that decided to act the c*nt by boasting that he didn't want the Oxford vaccine (which he couldn't get hold of) because it was shit. That was just him being a professional Frenchman.

Just before his outburst the EMA which decides on vaccine safety for the EU had decided that the Oxford Vaccine is safe and effective.

Countries that haven't authorized it for the elderly are just being cautious because it hadn't been tested on enough elderly people. I can understand that, because the side-effects of this vaccine could be quite nasty in someone who is very frail or near death.

I think I described the Oxford vaccine as the M4 Sherman and the Pfizer one as a King Tiger. The Oxford vaccine will be highly effective when deployed in big enough numbers although its stats are not as impressive as those reported for the Pfizer vaccine.
Big thank you TD for that mate.

Peckham Lion

The official government 'R' rate has dropped below 1 for the first time since July 2020, currently between 0.7-0.9, lockdown is working.

UK R number below 1 for first time since July

The reproduction number - or R value - of coronavirus transmission across the UK has fallen below 1 for the first time since July, and is now between 0.7 and 0.9, according to the latest government figures.

Last week, the R - the average number of people an infected person infects - was between 0.7 and 1.

When the R is above 1, an outbreak can grow exponentially, but when it is below 1 it means the epidemic is shrinking.

An R number between 0.7 and 0.9 means that, on average, every 10 people infected will infect between seven and nine other people.

Peckham Lion

It's worth keeping an eye on how Israel is faring seeing as they started vaccinating before us. The infection is mostly mild when caught.

Peckham Lion

Latest data from the NHS

Positive tests - 15,144 - rolling 7 day number down 26.3%
Admissions - 1,908 - rolling 7 day number down 24.7%
Deaths - 758 - rolling 7 days number down 27.1% (first time deaths has shown the largest % 7 day drop of the three key numbers)
Vaccinations - 503,116 first jabs, up over 20k on last Friday's number. Total now 14,012,224

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/