The Covid good news thread N/W

Peckham Lion

I planned to start and stay with a positive outlook for the new year. The fucking virus will play a big part in me staying that way, there may be light at the of the tunnel at some point this year now that the vaccine has been rolled out. Any bit of cheer we can get right now can only be a good thing. Use this thread to post positive news stories relating the Virus. If you can post a link to what you've read where possible, it would be handy and from a legitimate source please. Obviously personal accounts don't need verifying. Tony Dolby has been a great source of info, comfort and knowledge with this bastard thing, his posts may be overlooked as i know some avoid the covid thread cause it gets shat on by the odd crank. Hopefully, Tony see's this thread and can post his bits and pieces here along the the rest of us.

This thread isn't the right place for virus deniers or conspiracy theorists, Thanks.

Stay safe, stay well and here's to a better year ahead for all of us and our loved ones.

Last edited:

4evaLions

The Mrs is a sister at the local hospital which is rife with the virus. Have been shitting it with worry that she’d contract it since the start. Thankfully she had her first jab 2 weeks ago. Relief for us both is immense. However we’re not relaxing, because as with flu, you can still get it in a milder form and still spread it. As a 71 year old I’m still awaiting the call for my first vaccination so I give her a good going over with the pressure washer before she can come in the house 😉
Our daughter is a paediatric nurse oop in Yorkshire, had her first jab Friday 👍🏻
Great post Peckham! Stay safe to one and all.
Hopefully see you at the ground before too long.
‘1st DIVISION PEANUTS, COYL!’

Last edited:

silverlion

Rates in London are beginning to drop. In Greenwich, where I live, the infection rate has been over 1,000 per 100,000 for the past ten days. Yesterday it was 925 per 100,000. Medway has seen a drop from 1,200 to 700 yesterday. I had my first jab at Guys last Saturday so I am feeling more positive and optimistic. But I am still not venturing outside my front door!

westlion 2

I planned to start and stay with a positive outlook for the new year. The fucking virus will play a big part in me staying that way, there may be light at the of the tunnel at some point this year now that the vaccine has been rolled out. Any bit of cheer we can get right now can only be a good thing. Use this thread to post positive news stories relating the Virus. If you can post a link to what you've read where possible, it would be handy and from a legitimate source please. Obviously personal accounts don't need verifying. Tony Dolby has been a great source of info, comfort and knowledge with this bastard thing, his posts may be overlooked as i know some avoid the covid thread cause it gets shat on by the odd crank. Hopefully, Tony see's this thread and can post his bits and pieces here along the the rest of us.

This thread isn't the right place for virus deniers or conspiracy theorists, Thanks.

Stay safe, stay well and here's to a better year ahead for all of us and our loved ones.
thought you were putting romeo died of it, if only carlsberg did viruses

Beaufoyboy

The Mrs is a sister at the local hospital which is rife with the virus. Have been shitting it with worry that she’d contract it since the start. Thankfully she had her first jab 2 weeks ago. Relief for us both is immense. However we’re not relaxing, because as with flu, you can still get it in a milder form and still spread it. As a 71 year old I’m still awaiting the call for my first vaccination so I give her a good going over with the pressure washer before she can come in the house 😉
Our daughter is a paediatric nurse oop in Yorkshire, had her first jab Friday 👍🏻
Great post Peckham! Stay safe to one and all.
Hopefully see you at the ground before too long.
‘1st DIVISION PEANUTS, COYL!’
Big respect to your good wife and daughter

Ulster Lion

Not being selfish, but just from a personal perspective, my son, daughter, son in law, and grandson, who had all tested positive, a couple of weeks ago, seem to have come through it with little or no adverse effects.
If this gives a little hope to anyone on here that, although the virus has taken loved ones, destroyed families, people's livelihoods and changed our entire way of life, our wonderful NHS and others, are doing an amazing job caring for, and vaccinating the population.
There's light at the end of the tunnel.