The Covid bad news thread N/W

Wippa

Yes. A cunt of a thing that we would have had on the ropes if selfish, conspiracy half wit deniers, so called celebs, leftie protestors and other assorted wank widgets had have did what was advised initially.
Wankers the lot of them.
How do you think we would have had it on the ropes so to speak? I mean, I’m not a denyer or conspiracy nut but it was fairly obvious it was going to come back with a vengeance during the winter months. Unless you think we could have actually eradicated the virus?

Ulster Lion

How do you think we would have had it on the ropes so to speak? I mean, I’m not a denyer or conspiracy nut but it was fairly obvious it was going to come back with a vengeance during the winter months. Unless you think we could have actually eradicated the virus?
I wonder how we would have been doing in the battle against this, if common sense had have prevailed when the virus was first identified. By common sense, I mean stopping all flights into the UK, especially from areas where the virus was rife, testing all those arriving home from abroad, proper enforcement of a lockdown backed by the Army, a ban on all protests and assemblies, and prosecuting those who are blatantly ignoring government instructions - those who think that the instructions don't apply to them, an all party agreement to the instructions given to the public, no mass movement of students, and evidence provided much earlier regarding the benefits of social distancing, mask wearing etc.

leFerne

I wonder how we would have been doing in the battle against this, if common sense had have prevailed when the virus was first identified. By common sense, I mean stopping all flights into the UK, especially from areas where the virus was rife, testing all those arriving home from abroad, proper enforcement of a lockdown backed by the Army, a ban on all protests and assemblies, and prosecuting those who are blatantly ignoring government instructions - those who think that the instructions don't apply to them, an all party agreement to the instructions given to the public, no mass movement of students, and evidence provided much earlier regarding the benefits of social distancing, mask wearing etc.
A lot of people will say it's easy to say this with the benefit of hindsight but I disagree, all of this was known about, adopted by countries who have managed to all but isolate the virus and return their economies to normal.

We have the worst death rate in the world for a reason. We've fucked up. Especially on the lack of border controls in my opinion.

TomTomFH

What you describe is not lockdown but fascism pure and simple so not thank you, I'm a free man and will do what I want as long as I dont hurt anybody and if you want to wear a mask outside and want to be locked down in your house and only leave once a week , please do so. What have you done it yet? And please spare me the moral high ground preaching as you have ZERO right to do that. And before you ask, I have had covid as I'm a key worker and have been in work every single day since March . Plus, never in our history have individuals been responsible for others people health but only for the well being of yourself and the your family circle , to a point. So to end this, I will go out when I want, how many times I want and where I want as last time I checked this was free and democratic country and not fucking N Korea. And btw, I do not wear a mask either, never had , never will. due to a genuine medical exemption. But I would not wear one even if I was no exempt. Now fuck off.

4evaLions

What you describe is not lockdown but fascism pure and simple so not thank you, I'm a free man and will do what I want as long as I dont hurt anybody and if you want to wear a mask outside and want to be locked down in your house and only leave once a week , please do so. What have you done it yet? And please spare me the moral high ground preaching as you have ZERO right to do that. And before you ask, I have had covid as I'm a key worker and have been in work every single day since March . Plus, never in our history have individuals been responsible for others people health but only for the well being of yourself and the your family circle , to a point. So to end this, I will go out when I want, how many times I want and where I want as last time I checked this was free and democratic country and not fucking N Korea. And btw, I do not wear a mask either, never had , never will. due to a genuine medical exemption. But I would not wear one even if I was no exempt. Now fuck off.
Fuck you too. Cunt!

lottwall

Prick.

Bexhill Lion

Cunt go and do one.

bramcoteboy62

First of all - Cheers for being a key worker and going out to work and help whilst the majority of the country hides under the bedsheets wetting themselves.

I think you’ve got Ulster lion wrong here. He comes across as a long way from being a preaching Covid plater. He’s not one of those that wants to lock up everyone until there is zero risk to protect himself only.

Ulster Lion

Good morning Tom Tom,
My goodness, you took that bad. I'll try not to be offended by your unnecessary, and blatantly, personal 'fuck off' comment - or implying that I am preaching from moral high ground. I merely answered your question, but seemed to have hit a raw nerve. Firstly, I'm glad that you have recovered from the virus, and also I commend you for being a key worker.
I'm not getting drawn into a whose dick is bigger argument with you about anything either of us have written, but I will state the bleeding obvious.
If people weren't moving about and mixing, then the virus wouldn't have spread.
Medical experts have stated that a mask helps to reduce the risk of the wearer spreading anything to other people.
Of course we live in a democracy, which entitles you to your views, opinions and to live your life as you choose - but it also gives others that same right. Does that include having the right not to be exposed to a virus by those who believe they are exempt from restrictions imposed during a pandemic?
Maybe you should clarify - if only for those of us on here who have been personally affected by covid - what action you took when you tested positive, to prevent others being infected, including family members or others that you may live with.
As you are exempt from wearing a mask, did you self isolate or continue with your employment as a key worker?
I look forward to your response.

Bob.B Lion

Slow down you cunt,Ulster was only giving his opinion.Respect to you for you being on the front line but no need for the bad fucking language and personal insults :)