The C word

Hampton Wick

No not Christmas, Cancer.

Those of you that know me from hof will already know that recently I have had bowel cancer. At 35 I was very young to have bowel cancer. I had polyps but over years they developed into a Dukes A cancer so luckily I haven’t had to have chemotherapy. 8 hours of surgery and two weeks in hospital I still consider myself very lucky but if I would of gone to the doctor sooner I probably would of had a straight forward procedure to remove the polyps. Saying that if I would of gone later no doubt it would of spread. The reason I post this message is to raise awareness. If you have anything that is worrying you, any lumps bumps or bleeding, please go and get yourself checked out. I hand on heart will even come with you.

FireWall

Yes, I saw that my little Persian, hope you continue with your recovery. You are correct of course, blokes will generally 'put off' getting stuff looked at, it's the way we are brought up. And to be honest a lot of the health service is geared towards women's health, women's well being. Not that it's not there for blokes, we just don't go to get stuff checked.

BigPaul

I have a test kit to do and send off waiting in the bathroom. I will do it as soon as possible!
Good luck Hampton Persian Wick :grin:

ParisWall

Hampton Wick - 10/11/2017 12:51

Those of you that know me from hof will already know that recently I have had bowel cancer. At 35 I was very young to have bowel cancer. I had polyps but over years they developed into a Dukes A cancer so luckily I haven’t had to have chemotherapy. 8 hours of surgery and two weeks in hospital I still consider myself very lucky but if I would of gone to the doctor sooner I probably would of had a straight forward procedure to remove the polyps. Saying that if I would of gone later no doubt it would of spread. The reason I post this message is to raise awareness. If you have anything that is worrying you, any lumps bumps or bleeding, please go and get yourself checked out. I hand on heart will even come with you.
I know we've had our differences, but glad to hear you're on the mend.

Wishing you and your family a Happy Christmas.

:tup:

Millwalladam

Hampton Wick - 10/11/2017 12:51

Any lumps, bumps or bleeding & I will definately get checked out. These are things you can see & feel.

Are there any other less obvious symptons ?

Get well soon Hampton and thanks for posting such an important message.

Adam, two things I would look out for. One is a feeling of still needing to empty out when having finished your crap. Secondly, any variation in stool consistency and colour which seems to go on for a while and is not related to something you've eaten. For example black stools (except after 10 pints of Guinness) are indicative of bleeding (normally in the stomach). Bowel cancer, on the other hand, normally produces blood in the stools. Persistent floating stools can indicate pancreatic cancer.

Millwalladam

tony_dolby - 10/11/2017 14:50

Get well soon Hampton and thanks for posting such an important message.

Adam, two things I would look out for. One is a feeling of still needing to empty out when having finished your crap. Secondly, any variation in stool consistency and colour which seems to go on for a while and is not related to something you've eaten. For example black stools (except after 10 pints of Guinness) are indicative of bleeding (normally in the stomach). Bowel cancer, on the other hand, normally produces blood in the stools. Persistent floating stools can indicate pancreatic cancer.
Thank you. Useful information to know.

Get well soon mate, I'm in Sao Paulo and they take all medical tests very seriously and I've just had the full treatment done cameras the lot.
I echo Hamptons statement, Get checked out even if you feel fine! I had to pay for mine but was worth every penny.

numbernine

tony_dolby - 10/11/2017 16:50

Persistent floating stools can indicate pancreatic cancer.
But if you're still watching it after ten hours, perhaps flush anyway as it's probably not cancer.

It's good you consulted Hampton. Me, I'm a fucker for never going to the doc, twenty three years now. I was a shop supervisor at Chessington and used to wheel those fucking huge barrow shops out and shoulder hurt. The best one of the managers could come up with was to wank less. I'm older now otherwise would have said "why you offering?" Office humour etc. makes the politicians in trouble for their actions look like a walk in the park.

ParisWall

trevwall - 10/11/2017 15:01

Get well soon mate, I'm in Sao Paulo and they take all medical tests very seriously and I've just had the full treatment done cameras the lot.
I echo Hamptons statement, Get checked out even if you feel fine! I had to pay for mine but was worth every penny.
A Brazilian girl placed a finger up my arse during a night at The Motel Hawaii in Barra da Tijuca many years ago.

Although, I don't think she was a doctor.

:grin:

I had a lump on my lower back slightly smaller than a golf ball, the missus kept nagging me to go my GP, as I live in The Canary islands my doctor doesn't speak English, as it didn't hurt I put it off until last year. The GP had a quick look and said it was nothing to worry about put sent me for a few tests, cut a long story short it was something called a soft tissue sarcoma (basically a cancerous tumor) 2 operations and 25 sessions of radiotherapy and I got the all clear.

Moral of the story, if you have any lumps and bumps that should not be there GO TO YOUR FUCKING DOCTOR!!!!!

Hampton Wick

Thank you for your well wishes lads.

Adam if you’re worried just book an appointment mate. Everyone’s symptoms are different. Dolbs covered the symptoms well, he’s probably qualified.

Paris I never see that me and you had a problem. Always thought you was funny but a bit of a cunt sometimes, like the song :tup:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DOJbBBSe4oI

Anyone worried about this disease should welcome getting checked out on a colonoscopy screening. If you have had relatives with this complaint, get yourself looked at. Once you get on the screening they check every 2-3 years, remove polyps etc. Sedation is great, it's like 6 pints of Belgium lager in 5 seconds.

Members online