The Anoraks

Moody

So is he!
I never begrudge him going off to earn a life changing contract, but how out of love must you be with football to end up falling so far that you will play at the God's waiting room of English football The Valley!

Moody

This game they thought they had us mate. We had a pen saved, they went a goal up yet we still beat them :grinning: They were celebrating like a kid after his first fuck, then it went pear shaped for them. I see one crying as he left the away end :rotfl::rotfl:

I remember the game in 1989/90 season.

They went 2-0 up on the 85th minute and the 600-700 or so Anoraks who had braved it (remember this was pre Coward’s Way and the Old Den) were going potty.

It finally stirred us into action and Teddy pulled one back straight away and good old Ian Dawes came up with an equaliser in injury time and you’ve never seen an away end look so deflated.

Peckham Lion

Ano

They went 2-0 up on the 85th minute and the 600-700 or so Anoraks who had braved it (remember this was pre Coward’s Way and the Old Den) were going potty.

It finally stirred us into action and Teddy pulled one back straight away and good old Ian Dawes came up with an equaliser in injury time and you’ve never seen an away end look so deflated.
That was another season gone where they couldn't beat us! The season prior to that we beat them 3-0 away and 1-0 at home, the crowd at the Den was 3k bigger than what turned up at the Stadio de valium for the return fixture!

Moody

Ano

That was another season gone where they couldn't beat us! The season prior to that we beat them 3-0 away and 1-0 at home, the crowd at the Den was 3k bigger than what turned up at the Stadio de valium for the return fixture!
From the 1920s to Charlton returning to a Valley shrunk in the wash and the all ticket age of the 1990s I would say nearly every Millwall Charlton fixture was majority Millwall fans home and away.

That Selhurst 3-0 was about 80% Wall.

Kryan Bing

Ano

Another good one was in 1930 that ended 6-0 to us (a bit before my time). Although, there are probably a few on here who went to that game. If so, maybe they could give us a belated 'just back'?
:smoke:

Moody

Another good one was in 1930 that ended 6-0 to us (a bit before my time). Although, there are probably a few on here who went to that game. If so, maybe they could give us a belated 'just back'?
:smoke:
I digress from that a bit, but one of my great granddads was a Walworth man and hated Chelsea with a passion and always remembered the rivalry in the late 20s and 30s - his favourite Millwall wins were 3-0 at Stamford Bridge in Div2 and then knocking them out of the FA Cup 4th Round 3-0 again in front of 42,000 at The Den.

He would have considered any win over the red, red robins out on the borders of Kent as expected, even 6-0 ones.

Uptonwall

Ano

Briley scores a belter in that 3-0 game

partisan_lion

Confession time...That was the first and last game that I have left early and on the 80 minute mark,heard roar twice and felt a right cunt.

Moody

I think it was 1-1
Someone with a better memory might correct me on that though
We played Charlton twice at Upton Park...

On 7th March 1992 we lost 1-0 in front of 8,177 fans to a late Henry goal.

We then beat them 2-0 thanks to goals from Alex Rae and Jamie Moralee in front of 7,527 on 18th October 1992.

Millwall fans made up nearly half the crowd in both fixtures.

We had a decent time at Upton Park that 1992/93, as we also got a 2-2 on 28th March 1993 v West Ham United, having already beaten them 2-1 at The Den.

Talking of West Ham, that reminds of the 1-1 at The Den in front of an absolutely crammed 20,591 in November 1990 in the old Second Division. A real eye opener for an 11 year old!!

Uptonwall

We played Charlton twice at Upton Park...

On 7th March 1992 we lost 1-0 in front of 8,177 fans to a late Henry goal.

We then beat them 2-0 thanks to goals from Alex Rae and Jamie Moralee in front of 7,527 on 18th October 1992.

Millwall fans made up nearly half the crowd in both fixtures.

We had a decent time at Upton Park that 1992/93, as we also got a 2-2 on 28th March 1993 v West Ham United, having already beaten them 2-1 at The Den.

Talking of West Ham, that reminds of the 1-1 at The Den in front of an absolutely crammed 20,591 in November 1990 in the old Second Division. A real eye opener for an 11 year old!!
Thanks moody, had a feeling I might be wrong.
I remember a few of there mongs trying it on in the Woolwich foot tunnel and getting run back towards North Woolwich. I also remember a few of ours getting nicked and scurffed round the pitch.

Members online