Team v Preston

silverlion

Another tough game against a side that is pushing just as hard as us for a play off spot. They can blow hot and cold and we can only hope that Saturday is a cold day for them. They had a good away win last night and we can only hope that they might be complacent against us. They also will be out for revenge following defeat at the Den on the opening day of the season. Fatigue could also play a part in our performance at Deepdale and it was encouraging to hear GR say after last night’s game that the players would have today off and be at it again tomorrow before driving north in the afternoon.

Bart had little to do against Fulham but he always looked confident and assured and I am sure he gives the defence a boost. I expect him to start. Romeo has continued his good run of form and now that Brown is injured his place in the team is almost unchallenged. I expect him to start. The first question to ask is whether we play two or three CB’s. Pearce was at fault for their first goal but I am sure he has given himself a stiff talking to and it won’t happen again if he can help it. I expect him to start alongside Hutch and Cooper with Murray playing LB.

Midfield has few issues. Williams is crocked for two or three weeks so Leonard’s return to the squad is very timely. Has he got enough spring in his step to start or will he have to be content with a place on the bench? My thoughts are the latter with Woods and Molumby as our CB pairing..
That just leaves our front three to consider. Jed can play better and he knows it but you only regain your form and touch if you play so I expect him to start. Is Bradshaw a given as he hasn’t scored for a while? Again, play the lad and see if he can find the back of the net. According to TT on the drive home on YouTube Bod was his MOM so he has to start.

So, my thoughts are,

Bart
Romeo Hutch Pearce Cooper Murray
Woods Molumby
Jed Bradshaw Bod

Subs Steele Fergie Leonard Skalak Mahoney AOB Smith

Stowwall

Wouldn't mind the same side, definitely the same formation, only worry Molumby looked fucked midway through second half.

DensLions

Wouldn't mind the same side, definitely the same formation, only worry Molumby looked fucked midway through second half.
Molumby always seems to look tired if he plays more than twice a week so start with the same team against Preston but replace him with Leonard if he is having a poor game.

marka

Leonard for 60mins then bring molumby on.
Leonard will not be able to do a full game just yet and Molumby is still very young and at his age 2 games a week is difficult as he is full on when playing he does not hold back.