Team v Luton

silverlion

A tough game where we have had little success over the years and we have limited options with our team selection. Injuries are depriving us of some of our better players and our formation and tactics are decided by who we have avaialable. However, we have momentum and are unbeaten in 8 so we just have to take a deep breath, dust ourselves down and go again. They were well beaten at Stoke on Saturday and their manager is going to look for a reaction from his players. We have simply got to play better than we did against lowly Wycombe so GR will be looking to get more out of some players to get a result.
Bart is looking solid and assured and I have no doubt that he will wear the gloves. Romeo has got a bit more of a spring in his step and I am not sure you could ask much more from a right back at the moment. Unless GR wants to freshen it up I can’t see a recall for Danny. Inevitably we will play three CB’s so I can only see Evans Hutch and Pearce in the centre of defence. Perhaps he could encourage Evans to push forward a little more as he hit some great passes on Saturday. Molly will slot in on the left.
The biggest issues come in midfield. Without Leonard to drive us forward, make some interceptions and give us more impetus in midfield we are left with few options. Woods is a given and he did play better on Saturday. The big issue is who joins him in the middle. Hopefully Kief is good to play. He was nearly there last Wednesday, similar on Saturday so I am guessing that he will be good to go tomorrow. The team selection for the U23’s game this afternoon might give a clear about who might feature at Luton. Thompson did not play well on Saturday. Does he need a kick up the rear or some sharp words from GR to coax a better performance from him.
? Or does he need a seat on the bench and be replaced by Mitchell to give us some drive? Change is definitely needed. The same could be said for Smith who may have to return to the role of impact sub. Jed can be a match winner but hasn’t played at his best for a couple of games but should start? Who plays alongside him? Bod is the obvious choice or do you leave Jed on the bench and play a pressing game with Bradshaw and Bod upfront? It’s a tough call.

My thoughts are,

Bart
Romeo Hutch Pearce Evans Molly
Woods Kief Mitchell
Bod Bradshaw

Subs Frank Danny Tiensia Fergie Williams Ben Burey Jed Smith

silverlion

This is NAD's take on the team.

Possible Millwall starting XI: 4-2-3-1: Bialkowski; Romeo, Hutchinson, Pearce, Malone; Evans, Woods; J Wallace, Thompson, Bennett; Smith.

So...what do I know?

SEL

More than likely he will just go with the team that started vs Wycombe. If we are lucky enough to sore a goal and Kief is back he will go more defensive to defend the lead.

33lion

I would really like to see us switch it up but I can’t see it happening. I think the way we need to play is with natural width, balls in the box for smith - it’s how we beat them last time out and was our best performance of the season in my eyes certainly for our attacking intent. Although Mahoney ran the show and he’s not around this time...

Id like to see us line up with something like this.

Bart

McNamara Hutchinson Pearce Malone

Wallace Woods Evans Ferguson

Smith Bradshaw

Mac in for Romeo because his crossing was shocking on Saturday and Danny’s a better crosser of the ball anyway.

Ferguson in for Bennett also for his ability to cross a ball and hit Smith.

Bradshaw in for his mobility and pressing.

Evans in to midfield to give us more presence and quality to set the tempo of the game and switch the ball out wide early and accurately.