Team v Bournemouth

silverlion

A tough away game against a free scoring fluent team with some good players who could hurt us. We will need all we have got and more to get anything out of this one. However, we do have the beginnings of some momentum and some confidence following our FA cup win and the big issue is whether that new found confidence can carry over into a difficult league game. If our attitude is right and our confidence continues to flow then we could get something on the south coast. Some may say that we should just pick the same team but that would not be a good idea as the our opposition are light years away from our cup opponents and represent an entirely different challenge.

The first change would be between the sticks. Frank is a decent keeper but is really no more than a back up to our main man Bart, who I expect to start. The first big debate is who plays RB. McNamara was impressive but it is a different proposition to face a non league winger as opposed to a seasoned Championship professional. He does have confidence and momentum and I think that GR will give him his first league start. The next big debate is whether we play two or three CB’s. Our normal away tactic is to play three and I don’t foresee a change there. The question is whether to play Pearce or Murray alongside Hutch or Cooper. Can Pearce play two games in four days or should Murray step in? It’s a tough call. Molly should slot in on the left but it is a certainty that he will have more defensive duties tomorrow rather than a free rein down the left.

Our midfield options are limited. Leonard had an industrious game on Saturday and will probably start but who will be his partner. Woods looks the most likely but does Williams get a game. It is unlikely that Ben will get much more than a ten minute cameo and he is really our only other option. Upfront Jed should return on the right and probably Bennett on the left with the big man Ken up front. He really does give us more flexibility as our target man. He can make it stick, bring others into play and gets one chance and sticks it away. Let’s hope he can do that tomorrow.

My thoughts are,

Bart
McNamara Hutch Murray Cooper Molly
Woods Leonard
Jed Bennett
Ken

Subs Frank Pearce Romeo Ben Williams Polly Smith Bod Bradshaw

lottwall

A tough away game against a free scoring fluent team with some good players who could hurt us. We will need all we have got and more to get anything out of this one. However, we do have the beginnings of some momentum and some confidence following our FA cup win and the big issue is whether that new found confidence can carry over into a difficult league game. If our attitude is right and our confidence continues to flow then we could get something on the south coast. Some may say that we should just pick the same team but that would not be a good idea as the our opposition are light years away from our cup opponents and represent an entirely different challenge.

The first change would be between the sticks. Frank is a decent keeper but is really no more than a back up to our main man Bart, who I expect to start. The first big debate is who plays RB. McNamara was impressive but it is a different proposition to face a non league winger as opposed to a seasoned Championship professional. He does have confidence and momentum and I think that GR will give him his first league start. The next big debate is whether we play two or three CB’s. Our normal away tactic is to play three and I don’t foresee a change there. The question is whether to play Pearce or Murray alongside Hutch or Cooper. Can Pearce play two games in four days or should Murray step in? It’s a tough call. Molly should slot in on the left but it is a certainty that he will have more defensive duties tomorrow rather than a free rein down the left.

Our midfield options are limited. Leonard had an industrious game on Saturday and will probably start but who will be his partner. Woods looks the most likely but does Williams get a game. It is unlikely that Ben will get much more than a ten minute cameo and he is really our only other option. Upfront Jed should return on the right and probably Bennett on the left with the big man Ken up front. He really does give us more flexibility as our target man. He can make it stick, bring others into play and gets one chance and sticks it away. Let’s hope he can do that tomorrow.

My thoughts are,

Bart
McNamara Hutch Murray Cooper Molly
Woods Leonard
Jed Bennett
Ken

Subs Frank Pearce Romeo Ben Williams Polly Smith Bod Bradshaw
agree with this team Silver , but I think he will play Romeo ....

robbo555

That's a good team, Silver. I think Romeo will play instead of McNamara. McNamara's performance should give Mahlon the kick up the arse he needs. We now look to have real competition for the right-back slot.

Bournemouth are very, very good at this level. I hope I'm wrong, but I can see us getting our arsehole handed to us tomorrow night.

Stowwall

Who ever is fit and ready. Expect 5 at the back unfortunately. Want a similar performance to Brizzle but not expecting it.
Prove me wrong Wall.
COYL
Bart
Mcnamara, Cooper, Hutch, Wallace
Jed, Woods, Thompson, Molly
Zahore, Parrott

Peckham Lion

Bart

Mcnamara, Cooper, Hutch, Wallace

Jed, Woods, Thompson, Bennett

Smith Zahore

Smith to start and rough up there centre halves. Opposition defences have had it far to easy of late.

silverlion

This is NAD’s take on the team.

Possible Millwall starting XI: 5-2-3: Bialkowski; Romeo, Hutchinson, Pearce, Cooper, Malone; Woods, Leonard; J Wallace, Zohore, Parrott.

midway lion

don't think anyone playing left-back has pace. Malone with
Fergie or Wallace behind him ? Bennett was very lazy last
game.

mfcjohn

Is M. Wallace available after his red in the last league game?

I would go with
Mcnamara, Hutch Cooper, Wallace (or Molly)
Wallace Leonard Thompson
Smith Zohore Bod

Just play long ball and see what we can get

Wimborne Wall

Living a 25 min drive from AFCB I was really looking forward to this game and hoped it would be at end of season and a potential of seeing it, AFCB move the ball well through midfield so that will be where game is won or lost, a lot of goals come from diagonal passes to edge of box where we are quite strong, heart says 2 - 0 Wall head 3 - 1 AFCB