Team selection

Lioninwinter

If all of our players were fit, what would be your starting eleven and formation. I think the additions of good Evans and Dutch have improved us. It’s upfront that is difficult.

whiskylion

Home:
....................Bart
Romeo Hutch Cooper Malone
..................Evans
Jed - Dutch - Mahoney
.............Smith - Bradshaw

Away:
......................Bart
.........Hutch Cooper Murray
............. Dutch - Evans
...Romeo Woods Malone
.... Smith Bradshaw

Players in Ital should be replaced for next season.

Salford_Lion

Home:
....................Bart
Romeo Hutch Cooper Malone
..................Evans
Jed - Dutch - Mahoney
.............Smith - Bradshaw

Away:
......................Bart
.........Hutch Cooper Murray
............. Dutch - Evans
...Romeo Woods Malone
.... Smith Bradshaw

Players in Ital should be replaced for next season.

You reckon Bart needs moving on, Whiskers?

BigPaul

Apparently so, BP

Care to fill me in? So I don't feel like a total pillock 🤣
Ok, Whisky doesn’t like Williams. You knew that, right?
Also, he didn’t like Malone , but now he does? Had you seen that?
Well, in addition to all that, he has noticed some basic flaws in Bart’s approach to net minding. I’m certainly not saying he’d have Archer back, far from it, but he’d like us to have a different keeper.

If you want my opinion, we are nearly all agreed about both Williams and Malone, but some people think Bart does as much good as bad. I certainly don’t rate him as one of our all time greats.

One final thing.....Call me astute if you will, but I don’t think our manager is top of Whisky’s Christmas card list either.

I hope that helps, and accurately Reflects your views, Whisky?
n.b. When I say doesn’t like, I mean as players, not personally.

whiskylion

Well, in addition to all that, he has noticed some basic flaws in Bart’s approach to net minding. I’m certainly not saying he’d have Archer back, far from it, but he’d like us to have a different keeper.

If you want my opinion, we are nearly all agreed about both Williams and Malone, but some people think Bart does as much good as bad. I certainly don’t rate him as one of our all time greats.

One final thing.....Call me astute if you will, but I don’t think our manager is top of Whisky’s Christmas card list either.

It was interesting on Saturday.

Early in the game some Wycombe bloke lets fly from distance. Bart sees it all the way and it is straight at him. Yet, despite having all the time in the world, he parries it a big distance to his right.

That night on match if the day, an identical shot from just about an identical distance at arguably the worst keeper in the Premier, the lad keeping goal for Sheffield Utd.

He catches it without blinking an eye. As Bart should have done. But never does.

I mean, if that was me at mid-off and I had that long to see a cricket ball coming at me at shoulder height and I put it down, I would have received some choice words from the bowler, and rightly so.

So why can't Bart, in his industrial gloves ands suit of armour, simply catch a ball? Or just pat it down.

`Yes, we keep a lot of clean sheets. But I'd put that down mainly to the excellence of our back five.

I'd keep Bart, but only as back up. We need a technically better keeper as our No 1.

Polegate Lion

After reading all that I had the signature tune from the US TV programme Soap ringing in my ears.

Salford_Lion

Whisky doesn't like Williams?! Why ever not?

But, seriously, I had actually somehow missed your opinions on Bart. I guess I hadn't thought of the fact that clean sheets aren't a sole reflection on the goal keeper

SE1

Maybe its time to think outside the box ,many years ago under George Graham we had an injury crisis up front, Graham put Steve Lovell up front seemed an odd move at the time ? , just an idea as all of our forwards are shit.

BigPaul

Maybe its time to think outside the box ,many years ago under George Graham we had an injury crisis up front, Graham put Steve Lovell up front seemed an odd move at the time ? , just an idea as all of our forwards are shit.
Who would you try?
Malone?
He seems to hit the target when he shoots.