teacake

silverlion

Teacake is a work horse who absolutely gives his all for 90 minutes. The problem is that he not very good so he just gives you a full game of average football. You do need a bit more than that from a midfielder. Thompson is not quite the same as he does give you energy and a burning desire. His problem is that he can’t do that for ninety minutes as he runs out of puff after about sixty. He certainly hasn’t played his best for the last couple of games. If we can see it then surely GR can see it too. My big question is why he doesn’t give Billy Mitchell a go. I know the lad has recently returned from his second hamstring injury but he has been on the bench and made a couple of cameo appearances in games. Maybe it is time to give the lad a start. If he tires late in a game then bring Ben on for the last twenty. We certainly need a change or two from last night’s game as there were too many who underperformed. We don’t have a lot of options but Mitchell is certainly one of them.

DensLions

Teacake is a work horse who absolutely gives his all for 90 minutes. The problem is that he not very good so he just gives you a full game of average football. You do need a bit more than that from a midfielder. Thompson is not quite the same as he does give you energy and a burning desire. His problem is that he can’t do that for ninety minutes as he runs out of puff after about sixty. He certainly hasn’t played his best for the last couple of games. If we can see it then surely GR can see it too. My big question is why he doesn’t give Billy Mitchell a go. I know the lad has recently returned from his second hamstring injury but he has been on the bench and made a couple of cameo appearances in games. Maybe it is time to give the lad a start. If he tires late in a game then bring Ben on for the last twenty. We certainly need a change or two from last night’s game as there were too many who underperformed. We don’t have a lot of options but Mitchell is certainly one of them.
AS you say we do not have a lot of choice without Leonard and Kief plus Evans playing in defence but my reservation is playing Mitchell with Woods who would give him no support at all. Perhaps Mitchell and Williams would be a better option. At least he would have the benefit of William's experience.

Phlion54

Thomson has a second mare in a row. Marlon needs to learn to pass or cross in the final third.
Ben tries too hard and spends more time on the floor......Marlon as never Had a good final pass or cross ....wonder what he works on in training ....how's high he can raise his fist ?

Lion-in-exile

If you put Zidane in midfield with (Back)Woods he would struggle, Thompson has to cover the whole of the midfield because Woods can't run or tackle, add in the fact that Woods is planted on the edge of our box, Thompson's got no chance!!!