Tea or coffee

BigPaul

I've started to drink loose tea over the past year or so after buying a kettle from Lidle that turns water Into tea once the water has boiled. I only brought It as a joke but It turned out to be rather good as you can control the brew strength and It's made of glass so you can see It change colour out of nowhere, It's brought me enough enjoyment. I am a man of simple pleasures clearly.

I WANT one. Something like that would keep me amused for hours!

BigPaul

Never been a coffee drinker and doubt I ever will be. There's something about It that annoys me.

I've started to drink loose tea over the past year or so after buying a kettle from Lidle that turns water Into tea once the water has boiled. I only brought It as a joke but It turned out to be rather good as you can control the brew strength and It's made of glass so you can see It change colour out of nowhere, It's brought me enough enjoyment. I am a man of simple pleasures clearly.

I'm more Inclined to use a pot now, and when I do I tend to use teas from Fortnum And Mason, which are very, very nice If made correctly. I must add I'm not a ponce but I enjoy nice things now and again and as they do have a long history of knocking out teas for royalty and well to do types for the lasy couple of hundreds of years who am I to argue.

It helps that they ain't expensive for the most part. It's like getting pick and mix, you chose what you want from the containers behind the counter, they weigh It and charge you accordingly. It's about £2.50/£3.00 for 100g on average and If anyone Is up that way It's well worth a go as they have about 40 different types to chose from. Their marmalade Is also exquisite and I can't recommend that highly enough.

Thinking about It, maybe I'm the only one In the world who drinks tea made for royalty out of a Millwall mug.
I have to thank you Stompie. You have solved all my Christmas present problems!!
I am absolutely shit at buying presents, I mean REALLY shit.
So I went on the Fortnum and Mason website. Who would not be delighted by a Fortnum's hamper? AND they deliver to Europe!!
Christmas is sorted without leaving the house! Perfect.

JT Wall........Silence!!

CrawLion

I used to like a nice strong cup of tea, Assam was my favourite. Due to health issues I've had to swap to decaf. Most brands I've tried taste a bit chemically to me and they are weak. Best one I've found is Asda own brand, leave it 5 minutes and it's relatively strong and it does taste about right too. Swapped to L'or coffee which is quite nice to have occasionally, might give one of those AeroPress coffee makers a try.

As for marmalade with no peel, madness. You'll be telling us next that Raspberry jam has to have the pips removed :shake:

kevrelles

I used to like a nice strong cup of tea, Assam was my favourite. Due to health issues I've had to swap to decaf. Most brands I've tried taste a bit chemically to me and they are weak. Best one I've found is Asda own brand, leave it 5 minutes and it's relatively strong and it does taste about right too. Swapped to L'or coffee which is quite nice to have occasionally, might give one of those AeroPress coffee makers a try.

As for marmalade with no peel, madness. You'll be telling us next that Raspberry jam has to have the pips removed :shake:
Jelly marmalade now that's nice. When you eat a orange you don't eat the peel you throw it away because it's shit. So why put it in something you will eat.

What I wanna know is why foreigners have absolutely no understanding of what 'only a very small bit of milk' means when you order a tea from them... I've tried everything, 'a tiny bit', 'only a dash' all with finger demos of 'very small' thrown in... Yet these fucking foreign savages insist on up ending the milk and chucking a huge amount of milk in a spoiling my tea. It makes me furious. I usually end up rejecting the tea and make the idiots make me another. Savages.

kevrelles

What I wanna know is why foreigners have absolutely no understanding of what 'only a very small bit of milk' means when you order a tea from them... I've tried everything, 'a tiny bit', 'only a dash' all with finger demos of 'very small' thrown in... Yet these fucking foreign savages insist on up ending the milk and chucking a huge amount of milk in a spoiling my tea. It makes me furious. I usually end up rejecting the tea and make the idiots make me another. Savages.
Spot on

obeney

All this talk about Hot Chocolate irritates me. Hot Chocolate is rubbish try proper Kai.. proper Navy Cocoa. Go and buy 90 or 100 % cocoa chocolate. Break it into pieces in a pot. melt down , add tinned milk and water, 50/50. Bring to the boil and add sweeteners or sugar and if you're hard enough a tot of Woods or Four Bells. To test the viscosity stir with teaspoon , leave in centre of mug and it should hesitate for about two seconds before slowly descending to the side. Enjoy.

kevrelles

All this talk about Hot Chocolate irritates me. Hot Chocolate is rubbish try proper Kai.. proper Navy Cocoa. Go and buy 90 or 100 % cocoa chocolate. Break it into pieces in a pot. melt down , add tinned milk and water, 50/50. Bring to the boil and add sweeteners or sugar and if you're hard enough a tot of Woods or Four Bells. To test the viscosity stir with teaspoon , leave in centre of mug and it should hesitate for about two seconds before slowly descending to the side. Enjoy.
Sounds nice

Members online