Swimming back in the day-- Your Memory's

wellerwasbest

when you have this type of weather often think back to swimming with mates and some of the fun as a kid
Being New Cross it had to be Lawrie Grove, im sure a few on here have visited in the past

Was not greatly into swimming tbh but off the top of me head and some of the local places i also recall doing a few crawls at

SOUTHWARK PARK The open Pool im sure a few have done a length or more here

PECKHAM Another open one by the park

WOOLWICH Used to be round the back of the Town Hall
When visiting my cousins who lived in Charlton used to sometimes go there , indoor Pool Bit too posh for me ha

ELTHAM Went to Eltham Green so this was the Local

Now im a bit lost , must have been others, Over to you

Lawrie Grove Pics

lol.jpg

lol1.jpg

lol2.jpg

lol4.jpg

lol5.jpg

lol6.jpg

lol7.jpg

lol8.jpg

Nearly Forgot Another one CHARLTON has a open pool one as well
Went a few times
Funny always seemed to have fizzy drink out of the machines and them sweets Gems Gems ? something like that

Sorry only sex angle i can put on this swimming lark was once at the Grove a Girl pulled my trunks down while in the Pool and at Southwark saw a young lady who lets just say had not had a Brazilian for a while !,,,,
And i was never one of them types who looked under the changing room doors cough officer

Awaits Peeing and floaters story's----- Please no

Lion of rotherhithe

703a02dcb3959c18414b5b73503c16e4.jpgCpbYWxtXEAAMrvU.jpgsouthwark park (pics) rotherhithe (seven islands) school (went to a posh secondary 🤔🤔🤔 Mmmm maybe not posh😳) and has said on other thread the docks
when you have this type of weather often think back to swimming with mates and some of the fun as a kid
Being New Cross it had to be Lawrie Grove, im sure a few on here have visited in the past

Was not greatly into swimming tbh but off the top of me head and some of the local places i also recall doing a few crawls at

SOUTHWARK PARK The open Pool im sure a few have done a length or more here

PECKHAM Another open one by the park

WOOLWICH Used to be round the back of the Town Hall
When visiting my cousins who lived in Charlton used to sometimes go there , indoor Pool Bit too posh for me ha

ELTHAM Went to Eltham Green so this was the Local

Now im a bit lost , must have been others, Over to you

Lawrie Grove Pics

View attachment 13967

View attachment 13968

View attachment 13969

View attachment 13970

View attachment 13971

View attachment 13972

View attachment 13973

View attachment 13974

Nearly Forgot Another one CHARLTON has a open pool one as well
Went a few times
Funny always seemed to have fizzy drink out of the machines and them sweets Gems Gems ? something like that

Sorry only sex angle i can put on this swimming lark was once at the Grove a Girl pulled my trunks down while in the Pool and at Southwark saw a young lady who lets just say had not had a Brazilian for a while !,,,,
And i was never one of them types who looked under the changing room doors cough officer

Awaits Peeing and floaters story's----- Please no

markmwal953

Grew up in Brixton so Brockwell park lido was my local pool or Clapham pool which was like ones shown in photo's above and Stretham ,where I recall doing the dive in ,in your pyjama's to get the brick for school badges , slept in the nod so sure I had to borrow pair jim jams :eek:

Beaufoyboy

Grew up in Brixton so Brockwell park lido was my local pool or Clapham pool which was like ones shown in photo's above and Stretham ,where I recall doing the dive in ,in your pyjama's to get the brick for school badges , slept in the nod so sure I had to borrow pair jim jams :eek:
What era did you go to them pools as I went in early 70s

partisan_lion

Being born in Battersea,we had Latchmere baths which had boys,girls and a mixed pool.My old man was a diver and an instructor,his dive club used that pool every Thursday and got meet David Wilkie,thankfully not in his speedos,but the pool was like the other ones shown in this thread.

Also had Tooting Lido and one in King George's Park Wandsworth.
Also,we had Putney baths and another indoor pool in Tooting...Sure there was another indoor pool in Camberwell and the one Mark mentioned in Clapham.

Ilderton Wanderer

The wave machine in the swimming baths at the Elephant was the one, the place used to be packed on a Saturday morning with excited kids waiting for this new phenomenon, most of them trying to jib in without paying.

When it was about to start the place went into meltdown as everyone launched themselves into the deep end with not a single fuck given and within minutes it was like a scene out of The Poseidon adventure as kids were swept around the pool gasping for air. The health and safety fanatics of today would have a heart attack if they saw what was going on back then.