Strikes

Arthur2shedsJackson

Problem is Kev, the Postmen are kept to a time schedule in most delivery offices and can’t start delivering to after 1030. If you are at the end of their delivery route that’s why you don’t get yours to 1pm (that’s quite early)
When i was a kid we had three deliveries a day. That went down to two and now one. I think e-mail will eventually kill the postal service.

Secondwave

When i was a kid we had three deliveries a day. That went down to two and now one. I think e-mail will eventually kill the postal service.
Royal Mail were one of the leaders in e-mail in the early 70s, there were 3 Post Offices at least in London that businesses used to send documents to USA electronically. Unfortunately they didn’t push their advantage.

Terry_Hurlock

In public ownership back then... prime example why Nationalisation doesn't work... Which actually is a shame, as I wish it did..

obeney

Kev., I had a chat with my positive yesterday and he reckons he walks between 8 to 10 miles per day. He has another Postie working the other side of the village. That's quite some walking. I also remember as a "nipper" when there was a morning delivery on Christmas Day. There were also buses in London uptown 13:00.

Secondwave

Kev., I had a chat with my positive yesterday and he reckons he walks between 8 to 10 miles per day. He has another Postie working the other side of the village. That's quite some walking. I also remember as a "nipper" when there was a morning delivery on Christmas Day. There were also buses in London uptown 13:00.
Obes that’s when they got their tips, and not to say tipsy.

craywall70

The posties are not fighting over pay.
It's about the loss of 40,000 jobs, now the new CEO is in place and its a private company they want more people on zero hour contracts, they call people in at 2:00am with 15mins notice, they want to cut it to 3 deliveries a week between 9.00am and 10.00pm.
The regulator can't do much now its a private company.
They are building 3 massive automated hubs just like Amazon no need for a regular work force anymore.
All this is going against the union after a 3 year agreement was reached with Royal Mail.
They have run out of property to sell off its all about the shareholders now.
Now its there time to break the workers rights.

westlion 2

I've always been more in small private companies when I worked.
So Unions didn't come into it and although I used to think Unions went too far. I now think without them it is just the super rich riding roughshod over workers.
All these zero hour contracts are because the working class have allowed the elite to erode their rights.
So I do think that people need to stand in a union nowadays more than ever because the pendulum swung far too much the other way with companies like Amazon treating everyone like shit.
good for you ringo sometimes we forget that beyond the leftie snowflake cunts here are normal
Just to give you the full story last year Royal Mail and the CWU signed a agreement on how to move on into the future, the agreement had set installments for wage rises and reduced hours over a five year plan.
Royal Mail then took upon themselves to pay a kraut nearly £6m to takeover the running with a annual salary of just under £3m, he decided he didn't like the agreement which had taken three years to negotiate and started talks to what he wants to impose, obviously the Union want to protect the previous agreement but Royal Mail won't budge, they have ignored the mediators findings so a ballot was called and 97.1 of a 75.6 turnout voted in favour of strike action, pretty conclusive.
I despise the affiliation with the Labour Party but no other political party have tried to tap into the trade union movement, so if Royal Mail don't let up and try to force through their unagreeable changes I will be striking but I won't be freezing my nuts off on the picket line with a load of lefty cunts, I'll be nice and cosy at home watching a boxset on Netflix:cheers:
good for you ringo sometimes we forget that beyond the leftie snowflake cunts there are normal working class people who just want a decent wage to live on