Strikes

Secondwave

Such a coincidence that mail workers and some rail workers have announced strike action .
Labour unions doing their bit.
Most workers would have loved to be represented by Bob Crowe who stood for his members.
As for the CWU (previously UPW) their only time to flex their muscles is around Christmas. If they had listened to Tom Jackson many years ago and taken a £60 a week pay rise to accept mechanisation that would be nearer £300 now. Instead they rejected his proposal and later mechanisation came in for nothing. It has been a uphill battle since then and the sell out by Vince Cable appears to be the nail in the coffin.
This strike action is to save their jobs, not just about money. You will miss the daily delivery, having to collect you post from your local Delivery office or not so local (if you look at the closure plans in London) looks a distinct possibility.
If this happens there will be no reversal.

unit4

Most workers would have loved to be represented by Bob Crowe who stood for his members.
As for the CWU (previously UPW) their only time to flex their muscles is around Christmas. If they had listened to Tom Jackson many years ago and taken a £60 a week pay rise to accept mechanisation that would be nearer £300 now. Instead they rejected his proposal and later mechanisation came in for nothing. It has been a uphill battle since then and the sell out by Vince Cable appears to be the nail in the coffin.
This strike action is to save their jobs, not just about money. You will miss the daily delivery, having to collect you post from your local Delivery office or not so local (if you look at the closure plans in London) looks a distinct possibility.
If this happens there will be no reversal.
Yes,we know it's about their jobs, but more so money.
The timing though is more about turning the people against the Torys.

unit4

The ballot for strike action by CWU was carried out before the election was even considered or called. To backtrack now would be the death throw of the workers rights.
I know the ballot was taken earlier but on the first day of electioneering they announce the strike action.On tv he was asked why now? Why not after Christmas?. He said,we could,but we don't want to.Absolutely announced on that day to turn the screw election wise.

ringo_the_lion

I know the ballot was taken earlier but on the first day of electioneering they announce the strike action.On tv he was asked why now? Why not after Christmas?. He said,we could,but we don't want to.Absolutely announced on that day to turn the screw election wise.
Just to give you the full story last year Royal Mail and the CWU signed a agreement on how to move on into the future, the agreement had set installments for wage rises and reduced hours over a five year plan.
Royal Mail then took upon themselves to pay a kraut nearly £6m to takeover the running with a annual salary of just under £3m, he decided he didn't like the agreement which had taken three years to negotiate and started talks to what he wants to impose, obviously the Union want to protect the previous agreement but Royal Mail won't budge, they have ignored the mediators findings so a ballot was called and 97.1 of a 75.6 turnout voted in favour of strike action, pretty conclusive.
I despise the affiliation with the Labour Party but no other political party have tried to tap into the trade union movement, so if Royal Mail don't let up and try to force through their unagreeable changes I will be striking but I won't be freezing my nuts off on the picket line with a load of lefty cunts, I'll be nice and cosy at home watching a boxset on Netflix:cheers:

Supporting Millwall

I've always been more in small private companies when I worked.
So Unions didn't come into it and although I used to think Unions went too far. I now think without them it is just the super rich riding roughshod over workers.
All these zero hour contracts are because the working class have allowed the elite to erode their rights.
So I do think that people need to stand in a union nowadays more than ever because the pendulum swung far too much the other way with companies like Amazon treating everyone like shit.

tony_dolby

Administrator
People might realise we don't need postmen. Well over 90% of the things that come through my letterbox go straight in the bin.
This. If the posties aren't careful they will become extinct. I understand that they want to protect their terms and conditions, but destroying a business is not the way to go about it.

kevrelles

This. If the posties aren't careful they will become extinct. I understand that they want to protect their terms and conditions, but destroying a business is not the way to go about it.
Cunts don't deliver until after 1pm here. Fucking half the day gone.lazy cunts.sack em and force the unemployed to have their jobs.

tony_dolby

Administrator
Cunts don't deliver until after 1pm here. Fucking half the day gone.lazy cunts.sack em and force the unemployed to have their jobs.
It's getting this way Kev. We get wrongly delivered letters all the time here. It's got to the point that if I want something to be delivered on time I don't use Royal Mail. There are too many Royal Mail employees who don't give a f*ck. What is sad is that they are destroying the business.

obeney

We used to have the finest postal service in the world but I'm afraid those.high standards are eroding. I personally think it all started to go wrong when the started to privatise the Post Office. It is ,in my opinion. One of those I ndustrjies that does'nt perform well if privatised.

Secondwave

Problem is Kev, the Postmen are kept to a time schedule in most delivery offices and can’t start delivering to after 1030. If you are at the end of their delivery route that’s why you don’t get yours to 1pm (that’s quite early)