Stop changing it

onlyagame

Everyone wanted him to change things round, change the players & the system.
Now your all moaning he’s changing things too much. He should have stuck to 4 4 2 because this lot aren’t clever enough to play anything else

Peckham Lion

Everyone wanted him to change things round, change the players & the system.
Now your all moaning he’s changing things too much. He should have stuck to 4 4 2 because this lot aren’t clever enough to play anything else
But all we did today was try and hit Smith with the same tired diagonal hoof. You can play 2-5-3, 4-4-2, 3-5-2, 1-8-1 but if you don't change the methods and style it's pointless. Harris would have Messi defending in his own half if he played for us. How many times this season have you seen the oppo use 3-4 forward passses to get into a scoring position? I see it game in, game out, why can't super Neil see it and take heed? He is out of his depth i'm affraid and every team that turns up knows it.

onlyagame

But all we did today was try and hit Smith with the same tired diagonal hoof. You can play 2-5-3, 4-4-2, 3-5-2, 1-8-1 but if you don't change the methods and style it's pointless. Harris would have Messi defending in his own half if he played for us. How many times this season have you seen the oppo use 3-4 forward passses to get into a scoring position? I see it game in, game out, why can't super Neil see it and take heed? He is out of his depth i'm affraid and every team that turns up knows it.
For 15/20 minutes before half time we tried playing it out from the back. One memorable moment was the goalkeeper (can’t be arsed to spell check his name) rolling the ball to Hutchinson who had about 8 yards of space, panicked and passed it straight back to the keeper. These players are useless at passing and yes maybe they don’t practice enough but we didn’t get to the FA Cup quarter finals playing tippy tappy football did we?
This so called “attractive football” isn’t that attractive when you can’t play the ball out of your own half. NH has only confused himself trying to appease the fans

33lion

All I can do is laugh. Changed the personnel, had a “clear out” in summer, has changed formation several times, all of this has changed. You know what hasn’t? Our style of play. The directness. The disjointedness between the lines, the way our midfield is shackled, I could go on.

Today was poor from start to finish particularly with that formation. Molumby wasted having to keep slotting in to cover Hutch when he pulled out wide. McCarthy more interested in marking their full back than making himself available for a pass. Smith turning like the QE2, and Bod suffering a demoralising substitution despite this. Cooper refusing to carry the ball an extra 20 yards because a hoof will do. Thompson’s passing wayward, none of his usual forward bursts to kick us up a gear. Jed, as usual tried hard but was all over the place, I think it done more harm than good in the grand scheme of things. He was popping up everywhere, almost in a free role at times and I don’t think it helped us. Ferguson couldn’t be fucked, absolutely no bottle whatsoever, infuriating. And I have a lot of time for the fella too. NH subs were comical - Bod off instead of Fatt Smith? AOB?!

Bradshaw has to start next week.

Bart
McCarthy Hutch Cooper Wallace
Wallace Molumby Leonard Mahoney
Bod Bradshaw

Peckham Lion

Hutchinson who had about 8 yards of space, panicked and passed it straight back to the keeper.
Perhaps that should be brushed up on the training pitch, surely Harris see's them day in , day out, In block one bods were screaming at the players to move, make space, make yourself available for the pass, no chance, we just stayed in a rigid shape.
These players are useless at passing and yes maybe they don’t practice enough but we didn’t get to the FA Cup quarter finals playing tippy tappy football did we?
No we didn't which makes our current plight very frustrating. The bigger teams will give more space and let you have the ball, add the extra motivation of possibly beating a prem team and the oppo not being up for it , the crowd and these players come alive. Ask them to do that week in week out in the prem and i doubt we could produce it.
This so called “attractive football” isn’t that attractive when you can’t play the ball out of your own half
But we did against several prem teams at the den over two seasons. In those games Harris let them have a go, nothing to lose or be ashamed of if we lost. He's much more cagey and basic in the league.
NH has only confused himself trying to appease the fans
He changed the team but the tactics were the same, long balls, don't lose shape or commit men forward.

onlyagame

What I will say Peckham is “come to the ball, take a touch, pass, then run into space”
Well that’s what they’re teaching my seven year old grandson but I still think it’s beyond this lot and yes, NH did buy most of them and has to take his share of the blame (but don’t let the players get off scot free)
Smith should have been up for it today but (correct me if I’m wrong) only won half his headers and spent a lot of time on the floor.

Peckham Lion

NH did buy most of them and has to take his share of the blame (but don’t let the players get off scot free)
I don't mate, not many stood out today.
Smith should have been up for it today but (correct me if I’m wrong) only won half his headers and spent a lot of time on the floor.
He spent far to much time on the pitch for my liking but Harris calls the shots.

tobydog

What I will say Peckham is “come to the ball, take a touch, pass, then run into space”
Well that’s what they’re teaching my seven year old grandson but I still think it’s beyond this lot and yes, NH did buy most of them and has to take his share of the blame (but don’t let the players get off scot free)
Yep, pass and move...simples !

33lion

I was with you 33 till you put Leonard back in the team.
Lol. Totally get what you mean but don’t think Thommo deserves a start next week and he’s the only experienced option bar Williams who is worse.

That game yesterday may have even suited Tunnicliffe who knows?!

Froada

I said the same yesterday 33, our central defenders aren't capable or confident enough to bring the ball out. Fid a pass to the front that they can hold up or create space for the midfield to receive the ball. Like I've said previously, you don't need great big central defenders this day and age. Their bald centre back had Smith in his pocket and could play a bit without panicking.