Still think boris & his expertz got it right ?

Phlion54

Highest ever daily deaths of over 1300 .....60,000 new cases......they are people on here and elsewhere who will still think he has got it right.....surely now the figures don't lie and it expects to get even worse.......too little too late from the outset......poor muddled advice and a u turn at every point.......no one really understands the rules and constantly being broken ......God of anyone else help us

Stowwall

It's the total number of deaths announced today not actual deaths today. These deaths have occurred over a period of time and just announced today.

tony_dolby

Boris is damned if he listens to the experts and damned if he doesn't. People will break the rules if they want to, and then blame Boris for the rules not being clear. A lot of these deaths were entirely preventable as well and caused by care homes not following basic infection control procedures. I expect Boris is to blame for care homes putting profit before people?

Millwall tel

Highest ever daily deaths of over 1300 .....60,000 new cases......they are people on here and elsewhere who will still think he has got it right.....surely now the figures don't lie and it expects to get even worse.......too little too late from the outset......poor muddled advice and a u turn at every point.......no one really understands the rules and constantly being broken ......God of anyone else help us
How the fuck you come to the conclusion it’s all his fault. I know loads of wankers who jolly’d it up over Christmas not listening to a word he said! The high deaths now mainly are from these doing that then going out mixing with joe public

tony_dolby

Let’s look at it from another angle, what has Boris and Co done well?

Investing massively in vaccine development
Building a portfolio of vaccines early on when other countries dithered.
Building a world-leading testing capability.
Leading the world in COVID treatment research through the UK Recovery Trial.
Leading the world in sequencing new variants and publishing this data.

And, most importantly, preserving our civil liberties as much as possible. I would hate to live in a country which needed form filling to leave the house.

Millwall tel

And, most importantly, preserving our civil liberties as much as possible. I would hate to live in a country which needed form filling to leave the house.
And delivering brexit!

BT-Steve

Tony_Dolby speaks so much sense and gets it so right every time. I feel so sorry for Boris. What other PM has had to put up with the continual things he's had to deal with.

The German Herman

I bet you're delighted, Enlighten us what sir Kier would have done differently.

wellers_shot

BigPaul

And, most importantly, preserving our civil liberties as much as possible. I would hate to live in a country which needed form filling to leave the house
You are right about that.
It is a pain in the arse and serves no useful purpose whatsoever.
Fortunately, not necessary at the moment.

bazzwall

Big problem i have with the strategy is Vaccine roll out. Now we all knew that vaccines were almost there awaiting approval, last November. The bollocks about first country to approve vaccine does not count.

Why only now and recently start getting logistics ready. That should all have been primed up before Christmas and inoculating large scale around the clock. Take a look at Israel, they have half their over 60's already injected. My elderly family members have still not heard a thing from whoever they are supposed to, ....both late 80's

We are still talking about training people etc, with large centres being made available soon. We always seem to be 2-3 weeks behind the curve.

Not sure who takes the blame on this i suspect Whitty and Co, but Boris should realise where the buck stops.

LionsMan

No doubt about it everything hasn’t been perfect but remember those graphs that our hate filled cunts from the press insisted on bashing Boris with showing deaths compared by country - funny how they aren’t asking to see the numbers vaccinated by country France 7000 Germany 300,000 Spain and Italy fuck all . Stick those graphs up not a fucking chance I bet .

tony_dolby

Big problem i have with the strategy is Vaccine roll out. Now we all knew that vaccines were almost there awaiting approval, last November. The bollocks about first country to approve vaccine does not count.

Why only now and recently start getting logistics ready. That should all have been primed up before Christmas and inoculating large scale around the clock. Take a look at Israel, they have half their over 60's already injected. My elderly family members have still not heard a thing from whoever they are supposed to, ....both late 80's

We are still talking about training people etc, with large centres being made available soon. We always seem to be 2-3 weeks behind the curve.

Not sure who takes the blame on this i suspect Whitty and Co, but Boris should realise where the buck stops.

Agreed. The trouble with the NHS and PHE is that their red tape is impenetrable. It took an intervention in Parliament to enable retired doctors to skip 'diversity training' modules amongst others (21 in total) in order to give a vaccine. If that was me, I would have allowed hospital trusts and GPs to apply for emergency registration for recently retired staff - provided they had been positively identified as former staff members.

It might sound mad, but the NHS just isn't sufficiently coherent to organize a national vaccine roll-out. There are just too many disparate parts. This is where the army comes in. Israel of course has a huge advantage having a high population density and living in an almost continual state of military emergency.

Also, and this is vital, each batch of vaccines must be tested before being sent out. I imagine this part is the rate-limiting step at the moment. With more testers, more vaccines can be sent out every day.

Phlion54

I bet you're delighted, Enlighten us what sir Kier would have done different
Same old tune from your banjo and and a bit of a stupid remark....delighted I 1300 people died in one day.....are you real ? ...this bloke has messed up big time from start to prrsent....could not care who,s in charge just want a capable sensible person not a bumbling fool....if you honestly think he & his experts have done a good job 75,000 + dead.

ParisWall

I don't buy into this "it's the Government fault."

Governments have never called the shots - Civil Servants and Advisors are the men in charge!

Boris, Hancock, Willianson have absolutely no medical or education experience whatsoever.

They are just a mouthpiece for The Men In Suits.

Obviously, there will be a Public Inquiry eventually, but I think this 'blame game' is something for the future, not now.