Southgate saying England fans are thick

Lionchel

It's our wedding anniversary on the 18th and I said to my wife let's go away for a nice meal in Blackheath and spend the night at the Claredon. She said don't you want to watch the football and I said no. I really can't be bothered watching England. Can't wait for the season to start though and get back down the den

Windy8174

It's our wedding anniversary on the 18th and I said to my wife let's go away for a nice meal in Blackheath and spend the night at the Claredon. She said don't you want to watch the football and I said no. I really can't be bothered watching England. Can't wait for the season to start though and get back down the den

i am having a real battle

do I switch on after kick off so I dont see it and watch the game

or do I just not watch

the stance of England FA, the manager, the players and the press is really winding me up and there deluded reasoning and judgemental tone with no idea what BLM stands for or what the people of England are booing for is making me fall out of love with both football and my country

it is really fucking me off

my wife got the England flags out and said when are you putting them up and I said probably never

the funny thing is she always argues when I put them up for tournaments and was taken aback that I am so disillusioned with being English now

I am hoping I can get over it but everyday it gets worse and worse

markmwal953

i am having a real battle

do I switch on after kick off so I dont see it and watch the game

or do I just not watch

the stance of England FA, the manager, the players and the press is really winding me up and there deluded reasoning and judgemental tone with no idea what BLM stands for or what the people of England are booing for is making me fall out of love with both football and my country

it is really fucking me off

my wife got the England flags out and said when are you putting them up and I said probably never

the funny thing is she always argues when I put them up for tournaments and was taken aback that I am so disillusioned with being English now

I am hoping I can get over it but everyday it gets worse and worse
Close your eyes enjoy the Boo's and open when kicks off ,that's my plan

Lion of rotherhithe

Don't be disillusioned about being English, greatest country on earth, its just a mouthy small minority backed up by the media, they will eventually come unstuck and get found out, this booing that we started could be the beginning 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 chin up there's still little old millwall and us lot on here to get things back on track🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

Stompie

You missed a trick there.

You should have said she and the day you became joined In matrimony are the greatest things to ever happen to you and reminiscing about that special day with her over a bottle and a lovely meal Is more Important to you than watching any football match.

You'd be hanging out the back of her before you'd finished your post-prandial coffee.

EVOJM1972

Rod Liddle on Southgate in today's Spectator (best viewed in Firefox)

Kryan Bing

It had to be said and Monkey made a great job of saying it.

I also liked how he didn't let Southgate off the hook regarding his day job as
The England Football Manger.

"Southgate’s instalment as manager of the national side would be a mystery to anyone who was not familiar with the workings of the Football Association. He had won nothing whatsoever as a club manager — indeed his only experience as a club manager was to skilfully shepherd a perfectly decent Middlesbrough side from the Premier League down into the Championship. He was chosen, one assumes, because he seems a pleasant, polite man and isn’t a crook. Under his tutelage the current England side have regressed markedly in the past two years. Perhaps the best or second-best crop of talent in Europe — but you wouldn’t know it to watch them. Where there was once pace and daring there is now tortuous predictability and a grave lack of confidence. Perhaps he can put it right during this tournament — I hope so, but doubt it".

HappyLion

That sums it up well. You cannot break the link between the kneeling and the original political message after a year of it being rammed down your throat. . The only unsurprising thing is that the racist card is being yet again used to shut down any meaningful debate. The same way as those who voted for Brexit got treated or those who objected to their national flag being burnt.

You may also remember that teacher yelling "Fascist" in the face of a poor bloke minding his own business earlier in the year. Shouting racist or fascist is the woke answer when you ask them to justify their position.

Liberal fascists, who would have thought it.

Lionchel

You should have said she and the day you became joined In matrimony are the greatest things to ever happen to you and reminiscing about that special day with her over a bottle and a lovely meal Is more Important to you than watching any football match.

You'd be hanging out the back of her before you'd finished your post-prandial coffee.
F##k all that I'm 62 I would rather get fat and pissed than try all that again

ringo_the_lion

Top idea Stompie I ain't had any for weeks now, it's not a birthday or anniversary or anything but I will push the boat out and make her a steak meal with all the trimmings and suggest that she can watch the housewives of cheshire if she wants as it's only England on the box.:thumbup:

R.O.D

This team, squad and manager are dead to me. Seriously. I'm almost bordering on hatred for them they way they have intertwined politics into what normally is a great sporting occasion.

It doesnt belong end of - however worthy your cause.....and i dont want any Black or White England player lecturing me at each match about equality for a certain section of the population where we all know there is severe inequality for the vast majority of the population...its bollox all bollox

Wippa

Rod Liddle on Southgate in today's Spectator (best viewed in Firefox)

Can anyone C&P?