Sorry. But the Manager Has To Go....

Kryan Bing

Harris: ‘We’ve done research over the last couple of weeks on where we should be in the table based on expected goals, chances created or conceded. For every stat, we’re top six, apart from our points total and ultimately that’s what matters. I’m not one to hide behind stats.
:shrug:

Bromleywalltj

If Rowett went I wouldn’t be bothered at all. After another below average home performance I struggle to see any improvement from when he came here , apart from we are more negative.
Yep,think certain players raised their game when he came but clearly 6/7 are clearly not good enough for championship football and the plus is a vast majority of the squad are out of contract in the summer so only then can we really determine how good he really is and I honestly believe by most of the players he has bought in he knows quality likewise players so hope he doesn't keep any shit on total clear out we need

Phlion54

Just reading GR comments and saying we are not taking our chances.......when you have to rely on the likes of Bod it's no wonder....Ben ,s effort was poor and should have made it 2-0 easy chance....but it's the level of our football thats worrying ....let's be honest Cardiff are not a good team and until the Malone fuck up were not really in the game as such.....to make a decent challenge you have to win this games....Barnsley , Weds, just 2 more examples....I'm afraid we will be just making up the numbers this season if GR cannot sort out our topsy turvy play each week

Bexleyheath_lion

Rowett has improved us. The table/results don’t lie. But it still ain’t good enough, the football is still shit, half the squad are league 1 at best.

Rowetts saving grace may be Covid. You have to assume that the pandemic affected his transfer plans massively - as if he really believes some of these players are good enough he’s as deluded as Harris.

On the subject of forwards, I note David Goodwillie scored a hat trick up in Scotland, was not a bad championship forward if I recall. Maybe he isn’t good enough, I don’t know - but with a bit of effort there’s better forwards than Bodvarsson & Bradshaw. And the lack of pace in the squad is depressing!

Oh and play some youngsters or bench a few of them instead of useless cunts like Skalak ffs

The German Herman

Rowett has improved us. The table/results don’t lie. But it still ain’t good enough, the football is still shit, half the squad are league 1 at best.

Rowetts saving grace may be Covid. You have to assume that the pandemic affected his transfer plans massively - as if he really believes some of these players are good enough he’s as deluded as Harris.

On the subject of forwards, I note David Goodwillie scored a hat trick up in Scotland, was not a bad championship forward if I recall. Maybe he isn’t good enough, I don’t know - but with a bit of effort there’s better forwards than Bodvarsson & Bradshaw. And the lack of pace in the squad is depressing!

Oh and play some youngsters or bench a few of them instead of useless cunts like Skalak ffs
From the same board
many many years when you could say a manager has not been backed.. this isnt one of them... an international striker...2 loans from Liverpool one who played in the prem last year , the other for Rangers, a CB that cost 15 million..a championship clubs player of the year and a full back from Arsenal...they were his choices..
a left back ?

robbo555

If Thommo or Bod score then we win 2-0 and it's a win when we haven't played great.

Those saying Rowett should go need their heads read. We have one top player, three or four decent players and the rest are not really good enough at this level.

mad_mahon

I dont think its all down to Rowett. We need better squad players that are good enough to compete for places in the 1st team. I highly doubt any of our front 3 are that concerned about their places due to not having adequate cover. When this happens, players get complacent and lack lustre, because the drive to compete isn't quite there and know their places aren't in jeopardy. We need to out all the dead wood. Skalak, bod, Bradshaw just don't compete for any of the places up top which I think in turn isn't keeping the front 3 properly on their toes. If we had decent competition for Jed/Bennett/M.Smith/Troy & the attacking middle I think we'd see a few more goals. Looking forward to seeing what changes Rowett makes in next window, there's an opportunity to go for the playoffs... he must see this and have a decent clear out if better becomes available.

Moody

Post See this by fred keenor » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:43 pm

"The job is just to big for him.

The spotlight in S Wales is far higher than the lowly backwaters of Cold Blow Lane.

Time to move him on."

cheek i remember going to cardiff when their was under 4,000 attendance
Another deluded lot who think they are big time

London’s most central football club... 🤔

Peckham Lion

Re: He got to go

Post by thomasblue » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:47 pm

There are loads of good managers out of work. It is up to our board to convince them this is a big viable job.

You have the normal names
Nigel pearson
Eddie Howe
Sam allardyce
Mark Hughes

Or you could think outside of the box and try to convince a foreign coach to come here :

Roberto Di Matteo
Jurgen klinsmann
Clarence Seedorf

--------------------------------------

That ^^^^^^ wouldn't look out of place on the Spotters forum. That's the kind of thing you get from fans from a club that were humiliated on both visits to the' promised land ' #we belong #we demand. They were averaging just over 3.5k, 20 year ago, have had 8 managers in 9 year, not many last long. They now want rid of the bloke with the best win rate out of the lot of them, a stint in conference would do them good.

33lion

No one could possibly argue that Rowett hasn’t done very shrewd business in the transfer market in the time he’s been here. Woods is one of the best midfielders in the division for starters.
Parrott was wanted by just about everyone, touted as the next Kane. We got him. Bennett, whilst having questionable injury problems, is a handful. Zohore will in my opinion be a good signing once he gets going.

Bar that this is still a Harris squad, having to play the likes of Bod, Williams, Leonard at right back, Skalak on the bench... it’s not what any championship manager wants. Give him and the club time to really mould this squad in his style.

Me personally I can see where he is trying to take us, but he does need to be backed in the transfer market to bring more players of Ryan Woods’ quality to the club, in all positions.

January could be really crucial... a good window I feel could be the difference between how our season pans out. With the fixture congestion being very intense and us already having a small squad I think we definitely will be in for a few reinforcements regardless. Could we dig out a Ben Marshall type signing who goes on to be a pivotal player?