Snooker Dress Code Welsh Open

whiskylion

Is it me just being an old git, but now in addition to the black shirts replacing white, players not wearing bow ties, now the referee is in shirtsleves and no bow tie, FFS does every standard have to lowered to the lowest common denominator in this country?
Quite right TD.

Same a the appalling Bercow lowering the tone of the Commons and allowing MPs to turn up without ties.

Because that puffed up pillock has no class, he shouldn't be inflicting it on society which then takes his cue...(pun intended!)

kevrelles

Quite right TD.

Same a the appalling Bercow lowering the tone of the Commons and allowing MPs to turn up without ties.

Because that puffed up pillock has no class, he shouldn't be inflicting it on society which then takes his cue...(pun intended!)
Quite why you need a tie to play snooker baffles me.but if that's the rules then they should stick by them.

whiskylion

Quite why you need a tie to play snooker baffles me.but if that's the rules then they should stick by them.
Mate, if I had it my way, thy'd be playing football sill wearing caps, as did the Victorians with the referee sporting a tie, as he once did, smoking a pipe - which was not unknown for the linesmen.

Coloured clothing in cricket would be an offence with a tariff of no less than six months' imprisonment.

And any club changing their colours when there is not a clash with their first team kit should be docked 15 points for each offence.

As far as this subject is concerned, Kev, I'm merely clearing my throat...

tobydog

Watching snooker in the afternoon? You lot have got too much time on your hands. I did catch 5 minutes of it yesterday though & thought it was a little odd. I didn’t know if the bloke in the white shirt was the referee or selling ice creams
When your my age, its pissing down with rain, cant drive for health reasons, its some small enjoyment :)

whittleseymfc

Is it me just being an old git, but now in addition to the black shirts replacing white, players not wearing bow ties, now the referee is in shirtsleves and no bow tie, FFS does every standard have to lowered to the lowest common denominator in this country?
You are exactly right. I agree.

Stompie

Mate, if I had it my way, thy'd be playing football sill wearing caps, as did the Victorians with the referee sporting a tie, as he once did, smoking a pipe - which was not unknown for the linesmen.

Coloured clothing in cricket would be an offence with a tariff of no less than six months' imprisonment.

And any club changing their colours when there is not a clash with their first team kit should be docked 15 points for each offence.

As far as this subject is concerned, Kev, I'm merely clearing my throat...
I very much agree with you on your last point, It really pisses me off when they do that. And also the fact that clubs get a new kit every season now Instead of the obligatory two term cycle that was the rule when I was a kid.

And don't get me started on names and numbers on the back of the test cricketers. I'm no cricket buff, Infact I'm not that clued up on the game but I do enjoy watching It every now and then. However seeing the red names and letters on the back of the England Cricketers during the last Ashes series was sacrilege.

I can't get behind your first point about footballing head wear however as hats don't suit me and I still reckon I could do a job for half the teams I see play.

Last edited: