Sniverpool

Millwalljohn

I see they believe it is their God given right to win EVERY match now.... What do they reckon they will achieve with this investigation.... go back in history and change ALL teams that have been screwed over!

kevrelles

I see they believe it is their God given right to win EVERY match now.... What do they reckon they will achieve with this investigation.... go back in history and change ALL teams that have been screwed over!

They should be deducted points for questioning the integrity of the var official , fucking scummy tramps.

Stompie

Unbelievable. This time last season they got every VAR decision going in their favour and a good few going against City. which also benefitted them.
They just can;t handle it when decisions go against them and the fact that their luck has run out.
I said that to my Liverpool mate earlier.

He didn't come out for a drink with me this afternoon.

whiskylion

The VAR decisions were truly ridiculous. I think they have every right to officially question what the hell happened yesterday, as such crass and mind-numbing officiating brings the game deeper into disrepute....and further alienates supporters from football.

Just wish it means that this is further evidence that all this VAR bollocks should be scrapped pronto. Sadly, though, it won't....

silverlion

VAR is here to stay but I do think that the officials have got to be a bit more considerate when it comes to hairline decisions about offside. In my mind there is no doubt that Mane was onside but the officials saw it differently.
I also question what Liverpool expect to happen when they question the decision that went against them. Do they seriously think that they will reverse the decision, retrospectively allow the goal and award them with three points instead of just one? Do they think they have a licence to win? If that is the case then we are all screwed. That is the nature of football that sometimes it goes in your favour and other times it doesn’t. Just accept it and move on

Phlion54

They should be deducted points for questioning the integrity of the var official , fucking scummy tramps.
Got to say that pickford should have been sent off.....worst English goalkeeper for years.....that tackle could have ended a players career..looked more at home in a wwf bout......that the FA can change...but it just highlights how bad the the people doing the Var are...instead of 1 poor referee you now have up to 3

champs08

The VAR decisions were truly ridiculous. I think they have every right to officially question what the hell happened yesterday, as such crass and mind-numbing officiating brings the game deeper into disrepute....and further alienates supporters from football.

Just wish it means that this is further evidence that all this VAR bollocks should be scrapped pronto. Sadly, though, it won't....
Agree with this. Someone needs to take a stand against this bollx. The goal yesterday was a goal and shouldve stood. The whole VAR system is gone too far. For something that started in goal line technology, its now almost every decision gets a replay on the tele. If we dont stand up and say "no more" now, the game is well and truly over. Hate Liverpool, but they have every right to question the validity of the decision - another shocker.

whiskylion

That is the nature of football that sometimes it goes in your favour and other times it doesn’t. Just accept it and move on
Yes, which it what happens when you don't have VAR. So what is the point of using it?

The whole point of this technology is that there should be no mistakes, not two howlers as bad as those during the course of one game - and working against one team.

My brother, a Chelsea supporter, moaned, whined and bleated about decisions, taking on the the paranoid personality of his team's then manager Mourinho. He insisted that VAR HAD to be installed into football as the world was against them.

I violently took the opposing view and pointed out that as the machines will be operated by humans making subjective decisions, the same mistakes will be made...but in a studio rather than on a pitch. So it would all be a massive waste of time. And ruin the free-flowing nature of football in the process.

And so it is all proving....

Last edited:

midway lion

Just been reading a ref's take on the Pickford incident.
He says that Michael Oliver is whistling to give the off-side
decision and misses the tackle. He then says that Oliver is
massively let down by the VAR team by not alerting him to
the foul and asking him to view the incident on the pitch-
side monitor. He has no doubt in his mind that Oliver
would have produced the red card.

obeney

The quicker we get back to having one incompetent on the field that one looking T a scene finest London the better it will be. It won't be perfect but it will be natural a and human.

bramcoteboy62

The problem is not VAR, it is the officials. The decisions in yesterday’s game were mind bogglingly awful. I watched the game live. Pickford should have been sent off and VVD and mane were not offside. Truly terrible

kevrelles

The problem is not VAR, it is the officials. The decisions in yesterday’s game were mind bogglingly awful. I watched the game live. Pickford should have been sent off and VVD and mane were not offside. Truly terrible
He was offside end of. Anyway why would anyone defend snivelpool

Eamon Dunphys tackle

VAR is here to stay but I do think that the officials have got to be a bit more considerate when it comes to hairline decisions about offside. In my mind there is no doubt that Mane was onside but the officials saw it differently.
I also question what Liverpool expect to happen when they question the decision that went against them. Do they seriously think that they will reverse the decision, retrospectively allow the goal and award them with three points instead of just one? Do they think they have a licence to win? If that is the case then we are all screwed. That is the nature of football that sometimes it goes in your favour and other times it doesn’t. Just accept it and move on
Liverpool should think themselves lucky they haven't had to put up with the inept refs we have over the years.