Smith, Thommo, Leonard and Hutch

Saxon Lion

Could we use the fist at right wing back and push Danny Mac up front as a winger with Jed through the middle with Bennett, gives you more stability in defence on the right as well.

I'm surprised that's the case but good luck to him. It might mean Rowett is looking to move him on for someone who will be a guaranteed starter. If (and it's a very big if) Thompson can recapture his post-pompey form, he's good enough to play every week. But he's running out of time...

LeonC

Could we use the fist at right wing back and push Danny Mac up front as a winger with Jed through the middle with Bennett, gives you more stability in defence on the right as well.
You technically don’t play wingers when you play wing backs and that’s GR’s preference. If he goes 442 then yes but that seems to be rare these days. It’s kind of difficult to see where Mahoney fits in to be honest in our current setup.

Lions21

First to be shown the door should be The Ginger crab, The Great Bodvarsson, poor mans Gregory Bradshaw, Loud voice no legs Pearce and Williams. We should keep Matt Smith - I would imagine the opposition would rather not see him on the pitch as he is a handful and makes an impact and gives us a variation of approach. Regarding Mahoney and Fergie these are both very good crossers of the ball and come into their own with someone to aim at. I’d give Ben one more year to see if he can get his form back.