Smith, Thommo, Leonard and Hutch

silverlion

Updates on them all on NAD.
According to them Smith is unlikey ever to play for us again. His broken foot won’t be healed enough for him to turn out for us in the last six games and he is out of contract in the summer and is unlikely to be offered a new contract.

Thommo was ill for the last two games but has got a knock in training and won’t feature on Saturday.
Leonard is two weeks away from being match fit.
Hutch had a scan yesterday but no results available yet. My guess is that he won’t feature again this season

SEL

Shame about Smith. I think we will undoubtedly be looking to strengthen up top in the summer and Smith is past his best but would liked for him to have seen out the season. Knew what we had in Smith. Speedy recovery, I am sure he will drop down the leagues and get another contract.

Wippa

You may laugh, but I put a blue on us to be promoted at 200/1 a couple of days ago...

Already dropped to 100/1...

I'm quids in I tell ya!!! :wack:
Just checked skybet, we’re 500/1 to be promoted on that. Probably about right to be fair 🤣

whiskylion

Smith is worth keeping as a super sub,
He can still do a job, his scoring record speaks for itself.
Agreed 100%.

Next season I'd have a forward line squad of Smith, Bennett and Jed plus two new signings. Not two loanees.

Jed should be used now as an out and out forward: his live crossing just isn't good enough for his old wide position.

Not sure if both Bod and Bradshaw have triggered extensions. If Bod hasn't, release him. If he has, like Bradshaw get him out on loan. Though it is likely, in both cases, to be a third tier club who won't be able to afford the full wages.

Zahore should be allowed to return to West Brom. Just not enough fire in his belly for me. And a really dreadful header of the ball, too...which is not great news for a striker.

And while I'm warming to the subject.... Release Thommo. Keep Leonard, but only as a squad member, expecting to be named as sub but only occasionally coming on when squad is depleted by injury.

Last edited:

coldblower

Agreed 100%.

Next season I'd have a forward line squad of Smith, Bennett and Jed plus two new signings. Not two loanees.

Jed should be used now as an out and out forward: his live crossing just isn't good enough for his old wide position.

Not sure if both Bod and Bradshaw have triggered extensions. If Bod hasn't, release him. If he has, like Bradshaw get him out on loan. Though it is likely, in both cases, to be a third tier club who won't be able to afford the full wages.

Zahore should be allowed to return to West Brom. Just not enough fire in his belly for me. And a really dreadful header of the ball, too...which is not great news for a striker.

And while I'm warming to the subject.... Release Thommo. Keep Leonard, but only as a squad member, expecting to be named as sub but only occasionally coming on when squad is depleted by injury.
Bod should be paid up and thrown out the club.

LeonC

Smith is worth keeping as a super sub,
He can still do a job, his scoring record speaks for itself.
There lays the problem, Smith left both his previous clubs because he wasn’t getting enough starts and was used as a super sub. He wants to play and Harris promised him that. He’s not a wage thief, so my only conclusion is to find a new club unfortunately.

Supporting Millwall

Smith's Gone like his legs.

Thommo might be one of our own but now proven he ain't the answer or even an option.

Leonard looked ok on the right of a back three, versatile now as can play as cover in the back 3 with Pearce needing to go and we are short of numbers in midfield with William's also needing to hang up his boots.

Hutch is just injured he will definately be playing next season again.

Wippa

Agree with the comments about getting a couple of new strikers. But getting rid of Thompson? He's probably not on a big wage, popular with the players and can cover 3-4 positions. I think he should stay if he's willing to be a squad player getting 10-15 games a season.
Great lad, and Milwall through and through, but truth is he’s L1/L2 level, sadly.
If we’re going to be realistic we need better quality, even as cover.

Great lad, and Milwall through and through, but truth is he’s L1/L2 level, sadly.
If we’re going to be realistic we need better quality, even as cover.
I get what you're saying but sometimes a player like Thompson is worth keeping for what he brings re. team spirit. Whether he would accept being a bit-part player is debatable because he would play every week in L1. We should get rid of Zahore, Bod, Bradshaw and Pearce first!

Eamon Dunphys tackle

Agreed 100%.

Agree with all of this except I would keep Thommo. Still think he can be useful.
But maybe my heart is ruling my head.

The German Herman

Agree with the comments about getting a couple of new strikers. But getting rid of Thompson? He's probably not on a big wage, popular with the players and can cover 3-4 positions. I think he should stay if he's willing to be a squad player getting 10-15 games a season.
Ben is on very good money, I won't tell you how I know but it comes from being in his company with an ex player.