Self employed can now safely gouch at home and be paid up to £1700pm

Kryan Bing

Unless I have misunderstood, the Government have left themselves a 'get out of jail free card'....

"80 per cent of the net income they declared on previous tax returns".

E18 wall

Hopefully it'll go to those that HMRC have records of, like brickies,chippys etc,that they have paid there tax.the scammers, who only declare 9 or 10 k will shit out. Most blokes I know have accountants that deal with HMRC .The days of cash in hand are long gone.most just want to support their families.paye jobs are like rocking horse shit unless you work for major company.cant see how extended families is revelent.your tax returns are your tax returns.you can 3 wives x 50 kids,that's not the issue. HMRC have access to bank accounts etc,

E18 wall

Unless I have misunderstood, the Government have left themselves a 'get out of jail free card'....

"80 per cent of the net income they declared on previous tax returns".
Which is what I was trying to say, if you're stopped at source on a weekly or monthly basis,you have self assessment to do.id say on average most earn between 25/40 k a year which is traceable back to HMRC, the dodgy shit out.

kevrelles

Hopefully it'll go to those that HMRC have records of, like brickies,chippys etc,that they have paid there tax.the scammers, who only declare 9 or 10 k will shit out. Most blokes I know have accountants that deal with HMRC .The days of cash in hand are long gone.most just want to support their families.paye jobs are like rocking horse shit unless you work for major company.cant see how extended families is revelent.your tax returns are your tax returns.you can 3 wives x 50 kids,that's not the issue. HMRC have access to bank accounts etc,
This

E18 wall

What could possibly go wrong?
Extended families in certain areas will be trying to work out how to make multiple claims as I write this.

Just to be clear...I am not knocking genuine claimants.
I hope it does not get abused, but I'm not holding my breath.
If I was being a bit off the other Paul I apologize for that. Alot people are under the illusion self employed are rolling in it when in truth it is just hand to mouth money without security or benefits.in most cases Paul it will be those that struggle in normal circumstances will be really hurt.Alot of people have to have massive mortgages and are terrified of losing a days wage.

BigPaul

If I was being a bit off the other Paul I apologize for that. Alot people are under the illusion self employed are rolling in it when in truth it is just hand to mouth money without security or benefits.in most cases Paul it will be those that struggle in normal circumstances will be really hurt.Alot of people have to have massive mortgages and are terrified of losing a days wage.
I understand completely what you are saying E18. I don't think self-employed is a breeze at all. It is tough.
All I was trying to say was that I hope this system of payments does not get abused and that it does help those it is supposed to.
This crisis is a catastrophe for anyone who has to work to make ends meet, especially self-employed and small businesses.

Lion1964

Firstly Sorry lads for being thick but I don’t know where I stand here, but trying to get help online or by phone is impossible at the moment. Been on hold since 8am this morning, gave up at 11am. Now waiting for any news on the box.
This forum seems to be the best place for advice as a lot of you seem very clued up.
I was made redundant again (PAYE) last August in a trade that is quickly dying.
At 55 I have never claimed unemployment benefits and always found work so
I made the decision to retrain as a sparks, I have done other things in the building trade before as a self employed person but this seemed my best option to earn the cash I need.
I got a very small redundancy ( 1 months wages) , cashed in a small pension ( which I paid a large chunk to the taxman) and managed to get work as a electricians mate although on a much reduced wage whilst earning while I learn. Have paid a deposit for a training course to speed up the process which has obviously been cancelled until further notice.
Living costs up to now have been subsidised by all of the above and are now almost diminished and would be classed as savings.
Because I have only been self employed again since August and was PAYE for 4 years previous I haven’t done my self assessment yet, so I am not sure how I will be assessed.
My site was closed on Tuesday so now I am waiting on the government news expected today with regards to the self employed.
I know about the universal credit (£94) which I have not managed to sort yet due to high demand .
This is not a sob story , there are others much worse off than me. Financially and health wise and its only been a couple of days for me.

Just need a bit of guidance from some of yer who are a bit more clued up in how the system may work.

Andover_Lion

Firstly Sorry lads for being thick but I don’t know where I stand here, but trying to get help online or by phone is impossible at the moment. Been on hold since 8am this morning, gave up at 11am. Now waiting for any news on the box.
This forum seems to be the best place for advice as a lot of you seem very clued up.
I made the decision to retrain as a sparks, I have done other things in the building trade before as a self employed person but this seemed my best option to earn the cash I need.
I got a very small redundancy ( 1 months wages) , cashed in a small pension ( which I paid a large chunk to the taxman) and managed to get work as a electricians mate although on a much reduced wage whilst earning while I learn. Have paid a deposit for a training course to speed up the process which has obviously been cancelled until further notice.
Living costs up to now have been subsidised by all of the above and are now almost diminished and would be classed as savings.
Because I have only been self employed again since August and was PAYE for 4 years previous I haven’t done my self assessment yet, so I am not sure how I will be assessed.
My site was closed on Tuesday so now I am waiting on the government news expected today with regards to the self employed.
I know about the universal credit (£94) which I have not managed to sort yet due to high demand .
This is not a sob story , there are others much worse off than me. Financially and health wise and its only been a couple of days for me.

Just need a bit of guidance from some of yer who are a bit more clued up in how the system may work.
Lion64, if you haven’t already, you need to register as self-employed with HMRC. Details on this link https://www.gov.uk/log-in-file-self-assessment-tax-return/register-if-youre-self-employed . You will then be sent a 10 digit reference in the post from HMRC which you will need to file your Self-Assessment tax returns and pay tax etc. It will also set up your National Insurance record for Class 2 NIC contributions that relate to your State Pension and some benefit entitlements. Your first tax return will be for the tax year 2019/20 and the earliest it can be submitted will be 6th April 2020.

Everyone is waiting to see what the Chancellor announces later today about support for the self-employed so wait and see what he says.

Salford_Lion

There is a group of us on Facebook who work in the 'gig' economy, both literally and figuratively and there are a bunch of people in the same boat each with our own situation, which is why its difficult for the treasury to design a system. Unfortunately the instructions at the moment are unclear and hopefully we will have more information this afternoon

Dan1980lion

What about people on construction sites which are still open, can they claim if they don't want to go into work? My cunting site don't seem to wanna shut even though there's nobody here.

bramcoteboy62

You’re right. self employed people seem to think employed people ‘call in sick at work when they have a sniffle and I have to graft my bollocks off everyday’ employed people think self employed people ‘pay fuck all tax so why should you get help’

Both views are a bunch of uneducated shit

E18 wall

You’re right. self employed people seem to think employed people ‘call in sick at work when they have a sniffle and I have to graft my bollocks off everyday’ employed people think self employed people ‘pay fuck all tax so why should you get help’

Both views are a bunch of uneducated shit
I think generalising is appropriate to your post.if anyone on here doesn't know someone who's been "at it" on both sides of the fence has lived a very sheltered life or a fucking liar.I know a bloke who went sick , was working on belmarsh when they were building that for cash in hand, was even striking for more money, ( you may or may not remember). Unfortunately his "real" boss saw him on TV waving a board around protesting.