Schools re-opening...nw

BigPaul

I no longer have kids at school. When I did, every September, without fail, within 2 or 3 weeks of the new term starting everybody at the school, and all their families had some sort of cold, flu or sniffles.

It didn't matter which school it was, primary or secondary. The same thing happened every year.

This was NORMAL, and by October, everybody was well again and carried on with their lives. Nobody died. Nobody even went to hospital.

I sincerely hope that after March 8 the government remembers this, and allows it to run its course without ridiculous over reaction in the first week.

Doubtless, everyone will be tested at the first sign of a runny nose and hey presto! they will all have covid.

....just saying...

It remains to be seen how much all this separation has affected our natural immunity to seasonal bugs, colds and flu, usually acquired by exposure to these bugs early in the season.

Stompie

I no longer have kids at school. When I did, every September, without fail, within 2 or 3 weeks of the new term starting everybody at the school, and all their families had some sort of cold, flu or sniffles.

It didn't matter which school it was, primary or secondary. The same thing happened every year.

This was NORMAL, and by October, everybody was well again and carried on with their lives. Nobody died. Nobody even went to hospital.

I sincerely hope that after March 8 the government remembers this, and allows it to run its course without ridiculous over reaction in the first week.

Doubtless, everyone will be tested at the first sign of a runny nose and hey presto! they will all have covid.

....just saying...

It remains to be seen how much all this separation has affected our natural immunity to seasonal bugs, colds and flu, usually acquired by exposure to these bugs early in the season.

The NHS top brass have to take some responsibility aswell.

They as much as anyone failed to prepare last time around. They know the deal better than anyone but somehow failed to make any allowances for It, leaving the nurses at the bottom working double hard. Some might argue that they wilfully neglected their duties on the basis of politics, point scoring and future funding.

I see today that apparently, according to The Telegraph, Boris wanted to open up earlier but SAGE pressured him to dealy It with the threat of 55,000 more deaths.

That made my blood boil. That's half the current death total they are threatening. Half the current death total when 90% of the people who have so far lost their lives are In the most vulnerable group and have already been vaccinated and are shown to be safe from the worst effects. Where are these 55,000 deaths going to come from and why will they then not materialise If we keep restrictions In place for 50 days longer than many think necessary?

Now either Boris has used them as a scapegoat to excuse himself from his decision to drag this out for another 118 days or he Is wilfully complicit and compliant with their dangerous mentality of scaremongering and deceit that Is causing major and prolonged harm to this country.

The man Is Incapable of making a decision or Indeed taking responsibility and Is not fit to lead this country.

Stompie

That is IF you believe the so called current death total.
It will be a while before we can seriously crunch the numbers and get an honest breakdown of what has gone on.

I've been looking but It's so tricky to get accurate Information at the moment because of all the caveats or slippery way things are reported or registered. Not just this year but In previous years also.

From what I gather, 608,000 people died In 2020 In England and Wales where as 64,000 died In Scotland (roughly 6,000 higher than the 3 years previous).
Well In the U.K as a whole In these years the total was as follows (rounded to the nearest thousand):

2019 - 605,000 deaths.
2018 - 616,000 deaths.
2017 - 607,000 deaths.
2016 - 597,000 deaths.
2015 - 603,000 deaths.
2014 - 570,000 deaths.
2014 to 2006 see the death totals sitting around the 565,000 mark.

The 5 year U.K average from 2015 to 2019 Is 605,000. By my calculations the 2020 U.K figure was 672,000.

That Is 67,000 excess deaths on the previous year, 54,000 excess deaths on 2018 and 65,00 excess deaths In 2017.

But then deaths shot up 33,000 between 2014 and 2015 when we had a bad flu year. That Is just under half the excess deaths we had In 2020. As you could reasonably assume that the death total will be lower this year than In previous years due to many of the vulnerable having sadly lost their lives last year, what happens If the reduction In numbers Is significantly lower, to the point the the new 5 year average sits roughly at the same total that It Is now?

How I see It there are two ways of looking at death numbers In terms of how we get a genuine picture of what has happened.

Firstly, If we had taken no measures, how many more would have died? Did It maybe work It's way through most of the vulnerable regaurdless? Or would It have spread like wildfire and taken many more lives?
Secondly, how many of the deaths registered as Covid-19 related were directly related to Covid-19 and how many of the excess deaths were caused by other conditions as a result of the measures Imposed on the population?

According to one study I see this morning this country Is right at the top In terms of the strictest lockdown. The first question I put will be able to be answered In time when we get acurate death figures from other countries and the ways In which they Implemented their protective measures and compare them with our own. I have long had a feeling that the numbers throughout the world, regaurdless of lockdown strictness, will form a simular pattern.

The second question can be answered now, but It needs honesty and Integrity from those Involved to want to get to the bottom and to find accurate numbers of what was the causes of the deaths we had last year. I fear this will prove difficult though as too much Is at stake for those who have been actively encouraging high Covid-19 death numbers for an honest assessment to come out.

I just hope that we can get an honest assessment of all this, regaudless of which side of the argument It falls down on and we can then move on from It sensibly and with perspective Instead of completely overreacting and turning the world and civilisation on It's head just to keep the fear going and those at the top of the pile In Increasing power and wealth.