Rowett................

robbo555

Would be nice wouldnt it!

I think Mahoney just needs a run of games. He's clearly a sensitive soul who needs reassurance. Keep playing him & I reckon he will blossom & have Smith knocking goals in for fun.

Mahoney has all the talent in the world. I have said before that he is one of the most naturally gifted technical players I have ever seen in a Millwall shirt. I hope I'm wrong and he hits his straps but he has been at the club for 18 months now and he has had one good half against Luton at home.

LionsMet

Mahoney has all the talent in the world. I have said before that he is one of the most naturally gifted technical players I have ever seen in a Millwall shirt. I hope I'm wrong and he hits his straps but he has been at the club for 18 months now and he has had one good half against Luton at home.
Agreed mate. I just see him as one of them players that needs cementing in.

I used to play with a lad like he is.

If he was subbed, or didnt play much, he was crap. As soon as we got a new manager, the manager played him for 5 games straight & he was unreal since then.

Hopefully this is the case & I believe it will be for him. Fingers crossed

SE14

Apart from the goal I thought the first half was ok. GR really got the whole team
playing well in the 2nd half. We could and should have got 5 goals today
but for the woodwork

BigPaul

Mahoney today looked like he is lacking confidence in his own ability.
Apart from being caught in possession leading to them nearly scoring, in attack he was too hesitant.
He helped to create a dangerous moment with Jed in the second half. Jed set it up for Connor to pull the trigger, but he bottled it and passed it back behind Jed and the chance was gone.

mad_mahon

Smith done everything but score a goal yesterday. Some pressure on his shoulders due to new player coming in? Even with that added pressure, assisted with a great touch for Leonard, played really well. If the ball is in or around him, you know he will do something to win the ball, bod on the other hand... forget it.

Mahoney is technically great, a little bit of a flair player (if ever we had one in the team it will probably be him) shifts the ball really well from foot to foot, couple of fakes, very agile... he is our trickiest player who will create lots of chances. I enjoy it as long as there is an end product, yesterday of which didn't come to much. His crossing ability is also very good. I believe, given a run of games, he should hit some form. I watched him play in a pre season friendly last year at gillingham, he was the best player on the pitch by a mile. So many pinpoint crosses on Smiths head in that game.

One of the youngest in our first team selection, he has bag fulls more to offer if played more consistently.

robbo555

Smith done everything but score a goal yesterday. Some pressure on his shoulders due to new player coming in? Even with that added pressure, assisted with a great touch for Leonard, played really well. If the ball is in or around him, you know he will do something to win the ball, bod on the other hand... forget it.

Mahoney is technically great, a little bit of a flair player (if ever we had one in the team it will probably be him) shifts the ball really well from foot to foot, couple of fakes, very agile... he is our trickiest player who will create lots of chances. I enjoy it as long as there is an end product, yesterday of which didn't come to much. His crossing ability is also very good. I believe, given a run of games, he should hit some form. I watched him play in a pre season friendly last year at gillingham, he was the best player on the pitch by a mile. So many pinpoint crosses on Smiths head in that game.

One of the youngest in our first team selection, he has bag fulls more to offer if played more consistently.

Agree with this. Not sure if it's confidence or not but he had the chance to deliver more than once yesterday - and he is very capable with either foot - and he checked back and didn't and the chance was gone. Jed on the other hand, put in three or four balls in that were on a plate. It's telling that that game at Gillingham was a friendly and not when it mattered. I know that's harsh but he has put in one brilliant performance for us (2nd half v Luton) and very occasional flashes since. He could be something special but I don't know how he can get there to be honest.

hardleyse16

Rowett has us playing the ball and trying to keep on top of possession, however, opposition teams can easily expose our passing abilities by pressing hard from the start, which makes our play look very laboured. We looked so much better in the second half and moved the ball around faster and with purpose- more of this, please.

DensLions

After yesterday's team selection it does prove it is a waste of time trying to forecast the team Rowett will put out each game because he is completely unpredictable.

LeonC

Gonna be a lot of squad rotation over the next few games as there are a lot of games in short space of time.
Sensibly so IMO. Having the option to play 3 different formations is a great asset in this division. GR stated after the game that he thought playing 4231 caught Wycombe out.

SEL

Saw a stat yesterday, apparently we’ve won 9 of the 19 away games we’ve played under Rowett. Before that we had won 9 in 39 away games

In contrast though hasn't home win ratio gone down under Rowett?
Not losses but more draws.

BigPaul

I know some people are starting to give him some stick. But, as the stat above proves, he knows a lot more about winning football matches than the previous 3 managers put together.
He has to work with the players he has or can afford to bring in.
At least when he makes mistakes he is man enough hold his hands up.