Reasons to be cheerful part 3

hardleyse16

No need to be sorry. Lost my mum two years ago on Xmas eve, she was only 64. My point being is that a lot of us were brought up as families that were tight. In a lot of ways it explains why we are a special club, us fans not necessarily the plc. Saddened to hear of your loss, 64. They never truly leave you, in your heart.

trevwall

Alright you lot, I have not commented on here lately at a time when we are as a club on the up and enjoying life.
I feel this is the right time to share something with you all ( The Millwall family). Not for sympathy, but for the fact that you all make me fuckin laugh and I need just that.
My dad passed away on Saturday night after another lengthy stay in hospital, we listened on I follow to the Birmingham commentary although I don’t know how much he actually heard, then left us later that night.
Ian Dury was one of my favourites.
When we played Scunthorpe in the play off final I took him and all his grandchildren in a minibus to Wembley. On the way I was playing a Dury cd and the song my old man came on.
He was rolling up laughing coz he’d never heard it before .
Always stuck in my mind and all the kids thought it was highly hilarious to.
Although we lost we still had a great day and of course Gary Alexander’s goal was his highlight.
I took him to his last game in his chariot as he called it, at home to qpr.
We planned to take him to the Charlton game but he was to ill to go.
Later that week he was admitted to hospital for the final time.
My old man and my best mate R I P
Rip mate, lost my dad 24 years ago the day after we done chelsea on penalties, last thing he said to me was "we done the cunts". Still makes me laugh. Lost my mum last year so a big part of me has gone. but Millwall are so unique we always get by. Im sure im not the only one who has gone through a lot of shit.

westlion 2

Alright you lot, I have not commented on here lately at a time when we are as a club on the up and enjoying life.
I feel this is the right time to share something with you all ( The Millwall family). Not for sympathy, but for the fact that you all make me fuckin laugh and I need just that.
My dad passed away on Saturday night after another lengthy stay in hospital, we listened on I follow to the Birmingham commentary although I don’t know how much he actually heard, then left us later that night.
When we played Scunthorpe in the play off final I took him and all his grandchildren in a minibus to Wembley. On the way I was playing a Dury cd and the song my old man came on.
Although we lost we still had a great day and of course Gary Alexander’s goal was his highlight.
RIP to your Dad fella and condolenses to all family lost my dad a few years back dont realise how much you miss them till there gone

partisan_lion

L64... Sorry to hear the passing of your old man. A brilliant story which should never be forgotten by your family. Life is about making memories and that's a fine one to have.

Marcia Road Lion

Sorry for your loss 64. Going by your posts, your Dad sounded like a proper character.

God bless him, may he RIP.

Bromleywalltj

Mate condolences to you and your family, i lost my mum at 62 11 years ago and my dad 6 years ago so know what you are going through, many different emotions mate so always think of the good times mate don't think getting drunk or drugs will help or eases the pain it'll just make things alot worse so stay strong mate . RIP to Your Dad.

Wall loyal

Sorry for your loss thoughts go out to you & yours May he RIP

kevrelles

You had a great dad mate.sorry to hear of his loss RIP