Reasons to be cheerful part 3

Lion1964

Alright you lot, I have not commented on here lately at a time when we are as a club on the up and enjoying life.
I feel this is the right time to share something with you all ( The Millwall family). Not for sympathy, but for the fact that you all make me fuckin laugh and I need just that.
My dad passed away on Saturday night after another lengthy stay in hospital, we listened on I follow to the Birmingham commentary although I don’t know how much he actually heard, then left us later that night.
Ian Dury was one of my favourites.
When we played Scunthorpe in the play off final I took him and all his grandchildren in a minibus to Wembley. On the way I was playing a Dury cd and the song my old man came on.
He was rolling up laughing coz he’d never heard it before .
Always stuck in my mind and all the kids thought it was highly hilarious to.
Although we lost we still had a great day and of course Gary Alexander’s goal was his highlight.
I took him to his last game in his chariot as he called it, at home to qpr.
We planned to take him to the Charlton game but he was to ill to go.
Later that week he was admitted to hospital for the final time.
My old man and my best mate R I P

Bob.B Lion

Alright you lot, I have not commented on here lately at a time when we are as a club on the up and enjoying life.
I feel this is the right time to share something with you all ( The Millwall family). Not for sympathy, but for the fact that you all make me fuckin laugh and I need just that.
My dad passed away on Saturday night after another lengthy stay in hospital, we listened on I follow to the Birmingham commentary although I don’t know how much he actually heard, then left us later that night.
When we played Scunthorpe in the play off final I took him and all his grandchildren in a minibus to Wembley. On the way I was playing a Dury cd and the song my old man came on.
Although we lost we still had a great day and of course Gary Alexander’s goal was his highlight.
Sincerest condolences fella,lost my dad a year ago and know how you feel.Strange thing is when you go to your mums it will feel like he's still there sitting with you,the memories are so strong you hear him talking to you in your head.It's comforting.

Kryan Bing

My condolences, mate. Always a difficult time, but it's amazing how all the great and funny memories come flooding back (especially the ones when going to Wall games together).

whiskylion

No words, 1964...

Just another Lion's paw around your shoulder.

Lion1964

My condolences, mate. Always a difficult time, but it's amazing how all the great and funny memories come flooding back (especially the ones when going to Wall games together).
Thank you bing and yes you are so right.
Have to share with you this one.
Arsenal at Highbury 88 in the cup, you all know the one.
When we were allegedly gonna nick their clock. Entering the ground the old fella gets searched by OB. He’s wearing a big old sheepskin, like one John motson used to wear. And was carrying quite a bit of timber at the time.
He asks the copper why me, copper says you look like sort to carry a gun.
My old man says Don’t be silly son, I won’t have room once I nick that clock and gesturing to his belly .
Everyone around us cracked up and was taking the piss out of the copper.
The copper wasn’t amused and gave him the evils ,was sure he was gonna get his collar felt that day.