Radio Millwall FM 108 MHz N/W

Ulster Lion

I came across these young Irish girls a couple of months ago on YouTube and was really impressed with their playing. They would busk in the streets and play Cream, Zeppelin and Hendrix covers. Right up my street as it were. Ulster could probably tell us a bit more about them.

This is a mini gig for an American youtuber they did recently playing a few classics and some of their own material. Well worth a listen, they’re called Dea Matrona.

Totally agree, Polegate, they are excellent. Saw them in Belfast City centre a while ago. They just set up in the street, and played their hearts out. Never seen so many people stop to watch 'buskers', but I could have spent the afternoon listening to them. Was more than happy to make a (monetary) donation, and just read last night that they have a concert planned later in the year for a venue in the city. Good way to spend an evening.

kevrelles

Totally agree, Polegate, they are excellent. Saw them in Belfast City centre a while ago. They just set up in the street, and played their hearts out. Never seen so many people stop to watch 'buskers', but I could have spent the afternoon listening to them. Was more than happy to make a (monetary) donation, and just read last night that they have a concert planned later in the year for a venue in the city. Good way to spend an evening.
Was you watching them with your right hand in your pocket.you know the pocket that has a hole ripped out for easy access to the nob. :wahey:

Polegate Lion

Love this cover of Van Morrison’s Gloria. Talk about keeping it in the Northern Irish family. This one features the cheeky little drummer too.