Radio Millwall FM 108 MHz N/W

whiskylion

There is a good live version of that on YouTube. Also, from the same concert,
'Chasing Sheep Is Best Left To Shepherds' is well worth a listen.

Two of the best Nymans on film must be "Knowing the Ropes."

The first I've put up here is with Nyman himself and his orchestra live. The second is a superb arrangement from Holland which, I must admit, touched me when i first saw it about three years ago and still brings a lump to the throat today..

The same piece of magically uplifting work; the first of artistry and complex minimalism, the second unleashing the sheer joy and emotion that music can bring....

Last edited:

Kryan Bing

Two of the best Nymans on film must be "Knowing the Ropes."

The first I've put up here is with Nyman himself and his orchestra live.

Yes, a good listen. He never fails to impress on his concerts and recordings.
A real master and very original in his writing.

The first video is from the concert I mentioned in my earlier post.

I know the Bassist on view in the opening bars of the first video.
(or did, we worked for the same company (CSE) doing forces shows around the world) He played (and still does as far as I know) in the 'Michael Nyman Band' for many years.

The band celebrated 40 years together in 2017, with quite afew of the original musicians (IIRC). That's some going..!!

A link here.
Michael Nyman

whiskylion

Yes, a good listen. He never fails to impress on his concerts and recordings.
A real master and very original in his writing.

The first video is from the concert I mentioned in my earlier post.

I know the Bassist on view in the opening bars of the first video.
(or did, we worked for the same company (CSE) doing forces shows around the world) He played (and still does as far as I know) in the 'Michael Nyman Band' for many years.

The band celebrated 40 years together in 2017, with quite afew of the original musicians (IIRC). That's some going..!!

A link here.
Michael Nyman
Interesting.

I was very impressed with their horn player, by the way, who doesn't appear to be a regular part of their band. Your bassist chum, I've noticed over the years, always seems to be reacting to the music around him, which is brilliant.

Incidentally, how the hell is not Sir Michael Nyman....?

Last edited: