Quotes from the Charlton no life forum

A Flasker getting carried away...

"The good thing from our POV is that 90% of our opponents in League One are absolutely potless and we may be able to take advantage of that in the same way that we have been taken advantage of in the recent past".

With the wage cap, they certainly won't be signing Messi, plus, no one has taken advantage of them more than Millwall (in their entire past).
:grinning:

Last edited:

"The good thing from our POV is that 90% of our opponents in League One are absolutely potless and we may be able to take advantage of that in the same way that we have been taken advantage of in the recent past".

With the wage cap, they certainly won't be signing Messi, plus, no one has taken advantage of them more than Millwall (in their entire past).
Haha says the mob that got done by Wimbledon last night :rofl:

Just had a look on there. One of them said “we’re coming for you palace, and it won’t be long”.
Fuck me they really think they’re going to fly up the leagues now.
Just over a week before the season begins they find they can be bought by the Danish Messiah, which could go through by the start of the season but they have hardly any players, the absolute best they can hope for this season is getting enough points to stay up, maybe by next season they could be in a position to have a go at the play-offs but that is on the basis that they stay up this season.
For now Palace and us as well are a pipe dream for our trainspotting neighbours.

cor, any empathy they might have had for other struggling clubs didn’t last long. Snidey drips

The court ruling still doesn’t solve the problem of who owns the stadium and the training ground if the odd danish bloke buys the club though does it? Uncle Roland still owns the two most valuable assets and the Dane has said he’s happy to negotiate a deal with him to continue renting both. It doesn’t sound like someone who is serious about it to me.

Not that the anoraks care, he used the ‘P’ word in his very first correspondence with them and now they are head over heels in love like a soppy teenager. They were at it again last night, tagging the bloke constantly in loving social media posts begging him to come to the rescue. He obviously enjoys all the attention he’s getting and in a way they are made for each other. He seems to have fallen for the huge ex-premier league club bollocks from the fans hook, line and sinker. Wait until he realises his dough is being pissed up the wall when he sees the valley a third full in February when they’re 1-0 down against Northampton.

Isn't there some other mob in the back ground trying to get in as well?
Turkish Investors I think was mentioned.

I think the comedy value show will run for some yet. Which is all I'm concerned about.
We can't lose that..!!
:smoke:

There is and I think they need to remember that the old version of ESI still own the football club and could well sell it to anyone they like, not just the Danish David Brent.

In fact, the judge agreed that ownership issues surrounding the club and ESI should go to trial and whilst that means for now, until that trial is over, that any potential buyer is essentially going straight to the original ESI (the fake sheik), it still opens up lots of dynamics over a potential deal... especially as the Danish Brent keeps mentioning ‘no one will be happy’ with his deal. Perhaps the Turks will offer the original ESI something slightly ‘happier’ just to get their hands on the club?!

Anyway, as you say, it’s just funny that this keeps running and running and hopefully for a bit longer too. Most of us don’t want them to go bust, so this has been perfect karma for the smug, pompous wankers.

The court ruling still doesn’t solve the problem of who owns the stadium and the training ground if the odd danish bloke buys the club though does it? Uncle Roland still owns the two most valuable assets and the Dane has said he’s happy to negotiate a deal with him to continue renting both. It doesn’t sound like someone who is serious about it to me.

Not that the anoraks care, he used the ‘P’ word in his very first correspondence with them and now they are head over heels in love like a soppy teenager. They were at it again last night, tagging the bloke constantly in loving social media posts begging him to come to the rescue. He obviously enjoys all the attention he’s getting and in a way they are made for each other. He seems to have fallen for the huge ex-premier league club bollocks from the fans hook, line and sinker. Wait until he realises his dough is being pissed up the wall when he sees the valley a third full in February when they’re 1-0 down against Northampton.

that last comment actually nails it. Their attendances on paper dont match the actual fans who turn up one bit. And the weird thing is although they can see the ground is only a third full for most games they actually believe the ‘official’ attendance and still believe they’re a big club on the back of it. Deluded.

that last comment actually nails it. Their attendances on paper dont match the actual fans who turn up one bit. And the weird thing is although they can see the ground is only a third full for most games they actually believe the ‘official’ attendance and still believe they’re a big club on the back of it. Deluded.

Indeed.

The majority of the spotty kids they picked up as fans in the 1990s honestly believe that Charlton Athletic are a club with the same regional following as clubs like Nottingham Forest, Derby County, Birmingham City and Sunderland etc. They honestly believe that. The definition of deluded. In fact, I have seen some suggest they are a similar club to West Ham United!!

I would put them in the same bracket as clubs like Brighton & Hove Albion, Watford and Reading though. Clubs that play in geographical areas that can supply a lot of floating, armchair fans for Premier League football, but who are very modestly supported in all other circumstances.

Prove me wrong Charlton fans... when things hopefully go back to normal and if Danish David Brent buys you, start averaging 20,000 in League One and then selling 25,000 home tickets in the Championship without free or cheap tickets... because the likes of Nottingham Forest, Sheffield Wednesday and Sheffield United have done that; Sunderland and Leeds even more so.

Not that the anoraks care, he used the ‘P’ word in his very first correspondence with them and now they are head over heels in love like a soppy teenager.

They were at it again last night, tagging the bloke constantly in loving social media posts begging him to come to the rescue. He obviously enjoys all the attention he’s getting and in a way they are made for each other.

He seems to have fallen for the huge ex-premier league club bollocks from the fans hook, line and sinker. Wait until he realises his dough is being pissed up the wall when he sees the valley a third full in February when they’re 1-0 down against Northampton.

There is a career for you in erotic fiction, for the taking.

I’ll be honest, I do find them fascinating and sometimes check in. It’s this kinda of post that fascinates me... how they can be so optimistic and so confident and so trusting etc...

I honestly think it must be something to do with backgrounds. Because even now, we are still a bit wary of Berylson in some ways... as a support we would never, ever simply assume that an ‘outsider’ has our best interests at heart. Even one that’s poured millions in over the course of a decade plus!

But many Charlton fans are comfortable saying this about a bloke who only appeared a couple of weeks ago and hasn’t actually put a penny in yet:

0ACF3D10-CB83-49BD-BD15-0F323CF0D2C4.jpeg

I’ll be honest, I do find them fascinating and sometimes check in. It’s this kinda of post that fascinates me... how they can be so optimistic and so confident and so trusting etc...

I honestly think it must be something to do with backgrounds. Because even now, we are still a bit wary of Berylson in some ways... as a support we would never, ever simply assume that an ‘outsider’ has our best interests at heart. Even one that’s poured millions in over the course of a decade plus!

But many Charlton fans are comfortable saying this about a bloke who only appeared a couple of weeks ago and hasn’t actually put a penny in yet:

View attachment 8059
Straight out of the Nigels handbook of delusion.

Maybe it's because we know our place and deal in reality nor are we desperate to be seen in the premier or one of the big boys. You'll see threads on here about us possibly making it to the prem. Most will say, fuck it, one season up there and take the money, whereas the spotters and Nigels are talking of european tours and signing players that end up at Arsenal etc.