Quotes from the Charlton no life forum

I know that we're all mourning about Charlton most likely spending another year in League 1. But it's not just their loss. We all know that the Premier League isn't a proper Premier league without the spotters. Guardiola and Man. City will feel that they're not true champions when they haven't played a huge club like Charlton.

Would actually be good if they nicked a play off place. I very much doubt they’d win them and it would give them less time to prepare and sign the players they need for next season.

* f**k me what’s happened to me?? I think I’m turning in to Moody 😂
Charlton used to be further down my list than Orient but the last ten or so years they’ve really started to get up my nose, and with those delusions of being a big club and the sense of entitlement they have, I just love to see them fail. I suppose they’re achieving what they’ve always wanted with us, an actual rivalry instead of it just being a ‘local derby’. They’ll always be laughed at by our fans though, and never treated as a fierce rival like the vermin are.

Last edited:
I noticed that Charlton haven’t put season tickets for next season on sale yet, is that by any chance because they are waiting to see what division they will be in?

Hold on a minute, they told Dave that he was buying a club with the most passionate supporters in London, surely they will be banging down the doors of the valley to watch the mighty reds against Cheltenham and Burton. Unless of course they are perhaps expecting Danish Dave to subsidise their ticket prices and lay on free travel to home and away matches as well?

One Anorak who has a true vision of reality...

RaplhMilne
May 1
flyingkiwiDK said:
I’m not.

Got used to the idea weeks ago that this bunch of useless pricks wouldn’t take us up. Complete rebuild over the summer please TS and let’s make a proper fist of it then.

What does everyone else think?
Oh, yes we going to piss it next season guaranteed........ no one else is bothering to even try. GET REAL.... we will not get out of this league, we are fucked. And you and the 'it doesn’t really matter' thinkers, have some reality heading your way......

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I noticed that Charlton haven’t put season tickets for next season on sale yet, is that by any chance because they are waiting to see what division they will be in?

Hold on a minute, they told Dave that he was buying a club with the most passionate supporters in London, surely they will be banging down the doors of the valley to watch the mighty reds against Cheltenham and Burton. Unless of course they are perhaps expecting Danish Dave to subsidise their ticket prices and lay on free travel to home and away matches as well?
Danish Dave is going to have the biggest come down when he sees the valley a third full and realises he’s been sold a dud, and that most of their attendances over the last ten years have been artificially bumped up with thousands of complementaries and 150 quid ST’s, and added to the attendance figure even if they had not been used.

Yeah, if he does that, then all the 10 year old Spotters will turn up in their droves. Their numbers might even bump up attendances to the heady heights of 10,000! 🤣

Just been having a nosey over there.

The general feeling seems to be that if they don't go up, there will be an almighty squad clear out and recruitment drive. Virtually player for player, barring about 3/4 players. In fact, pretty much a complete squad rebuild and the xxx year plan will back on track. Although, about six months behind the time table schedule.

Another feeling they are kicking around Is: money is no object with Danish, he just won't tolerate failure and always gets his own way.

Do you think these people have been sniffing glue from birth? Or, were they all grown on the same Railway Embankment Cabbage Patch? Because, it just ain't right....:shake:

Deluded spotters is right somehow Hull who were a complete mess last season have bounced back at the first attempt bust most relegated teams rebuild in league 1 for years. Ipswich Portsmouth and Sunderland who are all bigger clubs than charlton are no nearer returning

Deluded spotters is right somehow Hull who were a complete mess last season have bounced back at the first attempt bust most relegated teams rebuild in league 1 for years. Ipswich Portsmouth and Sunderland who are all bigger clubs than charlton are no nearer returning
Rebuilding can take up to 5 years. Millwall nearly had a double relegation during the 5 year rebuild of the 90's.

Luckily we were considered a big club in league 1 after relegation in 95/96. Teams gave us too much respect in the first 10 games of the 96/97 season. Once they realised we were rubbish & the club went into administration, we started getting beaten. But had gained enough early points to survive.

Bonds didn't have that luxury in the 97/98 season & safety was only secured near the end of the season.​

The clown's relegation was not so disastrous.

A lot of his signings were short term and Harris was able to have a summer clear out while keeping good players such as Jimmy. Some of Holloway's signings were decent for league 1 - Archer, Webster, Upson, Edwards, Williams, Gregory, Cummings.

Harris was the right man for the job and made some good signings. Still nearly didn't make it to the play offs in 2016/17.​

Last edited: